Skip to main content
Topic: Bought a new car today (Read 10056 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bought a new car today

Reply #15

No problem. I like Honda too, but the Honda Civic for example is much to unefficient in city traffic (more then 9 liters per 100 kilometers, while the Lexus needs only around 5 liters) and it seems Honda pulls back from the german car market: the Accord is not available any more, and with hybrids the Jazz Hybrid is not sold any more, the CR-Z too.  :(

Reply #16

Agreed to that fact. Honda consumed too much in city traffic especially for auto transmission even with constant maintenance for it. Germany's cars are the best so far but very expensive in our country due to insane tax policy for cars. Sighed... I hope I can get a hold to a Lexus too.

Reply #17

Quote from: ahrasis – Germany's cars are the best so far but very expensive in our country due to insane tax policy for cars.

In Germany they are expensive too. The maintenance of these cars is much more expensive then the maintenance of an asian car for example. And they are not as reliable as they should be. Especially Volkswagen has a lot of problems with their transmissions and motors.

I don't know why Volkswagen is soo popular here. Must be the propaganda and because germans always buy things they had bought before. It's tradition.  ;)

Reply #18

VW cars are popular and known as relible cars since the 4th generation of Golf. That car was and maybe is the most reliable car that VW made. Same for the Passat made in 2003.  Now things have changed.

There are 4-5 years since Lexus are the most reliable in the stats made in USA, but this year Honda is the brand with less problems on their cars.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #20

Congrats @jorin

Reply #21

I really do! Has a great design, but a thirsty engine.  ;)  Wankelmotor, like our old NSU Ro 80. Needs a lot of RPM, right?

Thanks!  :)

Reply #23

Quote from: Jorin – I really do! Has a great design, but a thirsty engine.  ;)  Wankelmotor, like our old NSU Ro 80. Needs a lot of RPM, right?

Yeah, red-lines at 10,000. Gets through about 12 litres per 100 km of premium fuel though.

Reply #24

Had to cancel the contract and return the car to the dealer after 9 months. The car had a big crash in the back. The hatchback was from another car and not the original one. Some parts under the rear bumper were deformed. I was not informed about this state the car was in, I bought it as "crash free". I could have lived with it, if not some issues appeared:

- The car made a strange noise when driving it between 70 and 100 km/h and holding the gas. I am experienced with Toyota's and Lexus' hybrid power train and never drove a car with such a behaviour.
- Parts of the body rubbed against each other so the paint was weakened at these spots.

So in March I bought a new Toyota Prius instead and I am very happy with it!

Oh, and I am a married husband now!  :D

Reply #25

That new Prius looks pretty nice!
Much better than the previous ones! :D

Quote from: Jorin – Oh, and I am a married husband now!  :D
Life can hit hard at times. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #26

Thats a very nice looking Prius you got your wife  O:-)

Congrats on both  :)

Reply #27

Doesn't she look pretty in her white wedding dress? lol

Reply #28

Congrats on the new "boss"!  lol.  May you have many happy years together. 

Interesting you can return the car after that period.  How long do you have to do that? 

Reply #29

Thanks and sorry, don't understand your question.  :-[