Skip to main content
Topic: Feature request: Image Proxy (Read 23307 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Feature request: Image Proxy

Reply #15

I was thinking about the adding of the new table, unless... well, we can create it when the feature is enabled. True.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Pretty much finished for the time being.  

I added two maintenance tasks, one to empty the image cache, and a scheduled task to remove "old" image files.  Old being ones that have not been accessed in the number of days defined in the admin panel.

I also did this as a module, so its in the core features.  Enable it will add the admin setup menu for it under the configuration menu.

Also added the option to use this for all BBC IMG tags, not just those that would trigger a mixed content warning.

This will not work on 1.0 as is.  I'll do my best not to delete the branch (I'm a tidy freak with a poor memory !) while we wait for 1.1.1 consideration.

Reply #17

Quote from: Spuds – I added two maintenance tasks, one to empty the image cache, and a scheduled task to remove "old" image files.  Old being ones that have not been accessed in the number of days defined in the admin panel.
can this be disabled? as in i want to the image saved indefinitely.

is there a screenshot how it looks like? will be there a link or description to the image source? while it may be under fair usage but credit to source is nice too if we gonna rehost it.

thanks.
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #18

Just set the keep days to 0 which means forever or alternatively you could disable the schedule task. 

Below each cached image is a footer line which links to the original image.  

Sorry have not taken any screen shots of the updates.

Reply #19

Not with how it is currently implemented, but thats not  different from any other IMG tag that points to a remote site.

Reply #20

Sounds better than a future of seeing butthole-shaped chocolates !

Reply #21

emanuele likes chocolate!
... not necessarily the color, more the substance. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

Its not part of the core, that was just a suggestion / thought on my part while I was making some minor updates to the proxy emanuele wrote.  Nice to see there is an API proxy ( https://images.weserv.nl ) that could be used.

Reply #24

Made a package out of it .... https://github.com/Spuds/Elk_Image_Cache ... thats for ElkArte 1.1 only

Reply #26

I'm wanting to do just that, just need to find some time.

Reply #27

First pass at this one for 1.0 ... not tested very much, so you know the drill at this point.
Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:01:18 pm by Spuds

Reply #28

I cannot find the settings in the addon for 1.0 version  O:-)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #29

They should be under the main configuration tab in the ACP ... assuming the package works  O:-)