Skip to main content
Topic: "waiting for" in page title (Read 2706 times) previous topic - next topic

"waiting for" in page title

It often happens with IE 11 that "waiting for (board title)" ist displayed in the tab. Is this a problem of the IE or of ElkArte? Anyone experienced this with his board? I have no advertising or other stuff installed which could lead to this message.

Re: "waiting for" in page title

Reply #1

Normal behavior on any browser...
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

Thanks for testing!  :)

Maybe a problem with our proxy here? I believe our IT department is using a proxy for us...

Reply #3

I didn't test anything, you will always get a "waiting for" until the page loads xD What is happening is that the browser is contacting the server, which is going to send the data packages, that will be interpreted by the browser and displayed accordingly :)
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #4

Oh, misunderstanding.  :-[

I understand. What I don't understand is that this message doesn't go away. It shows "waiting for..." forever. No need to do something if this is a problem of our IT... I thought maybe it could be a problem with ElkArte working with proxy servers.

Reply #5

I don't really use IE11, but I just tried it on this site and another without any "waiting for" error ... Seems likely that it is something on your side, either with the proxy or some browser addon. 

If that issue is just occasional, I'd suspect its something the proxy is doing, or perhaps bad behavior on this site does not like something the proxy is doing or reporting.

Reply #6

Okay, I think we can leave it as it is. If it is no ElkArte bug, you don't have to fix it.  ;)

Reply #7

I cannot reproduce this on IE11 & win7
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

Quickly tested both here and at your site @Jorin with Win10 and IE 11, but it looks good.
Probably it's really a problem with the proxy (likely it's blocking some of the resources and IE keeps trying to load it because it doesn't get a proper answer... or something like that LOL).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Thanks for testing! No need to do something about it though.