Skip to main content
Topic: 1.0.1 - drafts not deleted after post is published (Read 2833 times) previous topic - next topic

1.0.1 - drafts not deleted after post is published

I have 12 drafts in the profile section. It seems (automatically or individual - not tested) saved drafts are not deleted after the draft is published. Maybe fixed with 1.0.2?

Re: 1.0.1 - drafts not deleted after post is published

Reply #1

I seem to remember some improvement in the area, TBH I don't remember where.
Any reason for not installing the 1.0.2 patch?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

No time.  :-[

Reply #3

I know a few improvements were made, but don't recall if more were done in 1.0.2 or not.

Drafts can be difficult to catch sometimes, so I think that an occasional orphan is just the norm (and why you should enable the auto draft delete feature) ... I mostly notice orphan drafts when using the quick reply function or starting in QR and moving to the full editor.  The use of the browser back button is a sure way to leave one behind as well.

Reply #4

I don't remember if you added any more stuff, anyway it would be interesting to have two types of drafts: permanent and volatile.
Permanent are those actively saved by the user and never caught in the auto-delete net, while volatile are those auto-saved that can be deleted after a period of time.
New feature for 1.1? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – I don't remember if you added any more stuff, anyway it would be interesting to have two types of drafts: permanent and volatile.
Permanent are those actively saved by the user and never caught in the auto-delete net, while volatile are those auto-saved that can be deleted after a period of time.
New feature for 1.1? O:-)
+1  Yes
Regards Stephan

Reply #6

Yeah it should be +1 ... I know we discussed adding a auto vs manual save flag on those ... then we could prune auto saved ones on a more regular basis and leave the purposely saved ones on a different condition.