Skip to main content
Topic: Sub Board Last post not showing on main board list (Read 2522 times) previous topic - next topic

Sub Board Last post not showing on main board list

Sub Board Last post not showing on main board list correctly, if it's a sub-sub-board.

Here is main board index:

Here is the Sub-Board for Clash of Clans (Where the latest post is in the Videos Sub-Board)

On main board list, it's showing last post, which is months older, located in the main Clash Sub-Board.

Re: Sub Board Last post not showing on main board list

Reply #1

This is one of those cases where it's difficult to say that is possible to fix.
In order to fix this little issue it is necessary to build the entire boards tree (including all the sub-boards) then for each board go up the tree to reach the root.
Yes, it's possible, it would be nice to see some benchmarks of what is involved since I have the feeling organize hierarchical data and skim through them is not that cheap.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

It's really not a big deal that it does not show sub-sub-board posts as last on main, but I decided to report it, since it was strange.
It's more likely a bug in SMF, too, but I never had done sub-sub-boards on one before... LOL

Reply #3

I thought there was one mod that fixes this in SMF but I really can't be sure.[1]
I am becoming too old for this... lol