Skip to main content
Topic: View online status while on mobile (Read 2503 times) previous topic - next topic

View online status while on mobile

I am currently browsing using Android, and I am not able to see the online status of members. Is there any way to view that ?

Re: View online status while on mobile

Reply #1

Directly in the topics, on the default theme, no. But you can click on the profile and it's one of the first things shown.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

You mean this green "letter" icon ?

Screenshot_2016-07-20-17-33-09_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Reply #4

Would have been nice to have it on screen itself

Reply #5

You can customize it to have its image has a blurred affect or its link has a different color but that will cost some query, I think. I will prefer it as it is.

Reply #6

Quote from: ahrasis – I think. I will prefer it as it is.

Dito! I don't need to now on a mobile who's online at the same time. I only use my mobile for a quick visit on my board.

Reply #7

Since we have it enabled on desktop view, I would assume that online status is something that people would want to know. Also, there are people like me who stay online on boards like these from mobile even when PC is far away at home.

Reply #8

May be I should try coding this into an addon. It has been a long while since I did that.

Reply #9

Currently, I am testing this code in GenericMessages.template.php and so far it is working:

Code: [Select]
	// Show avatars, images, etc.?
if (empty($options['hide_poster_area']) && !$ignoring)
{
if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']) && $message['member']['online']['is_online'])
$poster_div .= '
<li class="listlevel1 poster_avatar">
<a class="linklevel1" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $message['member']['id'] . '">
' . $message['member']['avatar']['image'] . '
</a>
</li>';

if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']) && !$message['member']['online']['is_online'])
$poster_div .= '
<li class="listlevel1 poster_avatar">
<a class="linklevel1 blur_avatars" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $message['member']['id'] . '">
' . $message['member']['avatar']['image'] . '
</a>
</li>';

And for the css (may be added to custom css):
Code: [Select]
@media screen and (max-width: 50em) {
.blur_avatars {
opacity: 0.4;
filter: alpha(opacity=40);
-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);
  -moz-filter: grayscale(100%);
-o-filter: grayscale(100%);
-ms-filter: grayscale(100%);
filter: grayscale(100%);
}
}

The code can further simplified and there should an easier way to inject this css to avatar in messages or elsewhere something like in HLBM addon which I will attempt later.

Reply #10

Edited: I have packaged it for fully hook but it is not working yet. I thought it was working but it was the manual modifications. It will later be available here: http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3882.0

If someone can look into the hook version and tell me what is wrong will be much appreciated. I supposed to add a class blur_avatars next to linklevel1 or avatar in display page.
Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:33:52 pm by ahrasis

Reply #11

This could be a great feature.  Better than 60% of my traffic is from mobile devices.  Some users never use a PC for forum surfing.