Skip to main content
Topic: action=viewquery error (Read 2376 times) previous topic - next topic

action=viewquery error

http://localhost/Elkarte/index.php?action=viewquery;sa=hide produces an error

Sorry, we can't let you access this section. We can't even tell you if it exists. You're welcome to visit the main page and choose your way from there.

why querycat no exist?
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Re: action=viewquery error

Reply #1

Do you have the debug enabled? Otherwise I guess the error message seems legit (i.e. you cannot access the "viewquery" section).

Another interesting thing (happening on this site, not tested on clean localhost) is that there is different styling but I'm not sure where it comes from.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Code: [Select]
.action_viewquery a, .action_viewquery strong, #debug_logging a, #debug_logging strong
In css, for example ;)
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #3

QuoteDo you have the debug enabled?
yes, logged in as admin

Quotethere is different styling
same here
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #4

Ohh... I think I remember the problem. From time to time it happens to me as well, usually in moment I can't afford thinking about debugging a darn session issue and so I just repeat until it works and then I forget about it.

The failure happens at
Code: [Select]
if ($db_show_debug !== true || !isset($this->_req->session->debug))
because session->debug is not set (yet).
I see a couple of possibilities:
1) the check in viewquery is done before the value is set in some edge case (but that looks to me less frequent that I even experienced),
2) some javascript in the background does something without queries (though, the funny part about this one is that probably $_SESSION['debug'] is never deleted, so it should never happen).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.