Skip to main content
Topic: Error message by uploading attachments (Read 5690 times) previous topic - next topic

Error message by uploading attachments

Yesterday and right now I was getting error messages by uploading attachments here. The message said that maybe my pictures are to big, but they were not. I could save my posts anyway, the attachments are there.

Re: Error message by uploading attachments

Reply #1

I got this for a 16.48 KB file, just now

Quoteeasy.png : The post data is missing. This error could be caused by trying to submit a file larger than allowed by the server. Please contact your administrator if this problem continues.

Reply #2

The same error happened a few times in my forum as well, but the attachments were sometimes not there after saving the post.

Reply #3

Zip the image and attach the zip please. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I got the same error yesterday, I uploaded 2 PNG files about 30kB each one. The files were correctly uploaded but I got an error message:
1.PNG : The post data is missing. This error could be caused by trying to submit a file larger than allowed by the server. Please contact your administrator if this problem continues.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

That may be two different errors, @Ruth could you please report exactly the error message if you encounter it again?
Also, what browser are you using?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

I get that error with PNG attachments, if can be useful here is a zip containing one PNG file that returns that error

well, another error message with zip files 1.zip : The post data is missing. This error could be caused by trying to submit a file larger than allowed by the server. Please contact your administrator if this problem continues.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

Sorry, I don't know how to zip something, Emanuele. It was the same error as meetdilip said.

I am using opera.

I try to upload the same file again...can see the message here now again:

Quotemobil.jpg : The post data is missing. This error could be caused by trying to submit a file larger than allowed by the server. Please contact your administrator if this problem continues.

Reply #8

Same problem when uploading Ruth's file...

Quotemobil.jpg (111.19 KB)

mobil.jpg : The post data is missing. This error could be caused by trying to submit a file larger than allowed by the server. Please contact your administrator if this problem continues.

Reply #9

What browser Jorin? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

I get that error too using android webview.

Reply #11

I am not sure about this, but this error message seems only to appear, if you are not admin. If it is happening to me, that the upload failes I will get no message in my forum, if I try the upload again, the picture will be there, but other users sometimes get this error message and the upload failed.

In the error log it is looking like this than:

QuoteRita
15. Juni 2016, 09:18 Uhr
xxx
Art des Fehlers: Undefiniert
8: Undefined index: attachment
http://xxx.de/index.php?action=post2;board=458;xml
Datei: /var/www/virtual/xxx.de/sources/subs/Attachments.subs.php
Zeile: 394

Rita is using Firefox, she showed me this screenshot. The error message is telling the same:

Reply #12

Getting the same error message with my PNG file attached. I can test my Chrome and IE at home later, if needed.

Reply #13

If it is IE11, the issue is likely:
http://caniuse.com/#feat=xhr2
QuotePartial support refers to not supporting json as responseType
meh...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

I'm using Chrome, so I think is not a browser problem