Skip to main content
Topic: Unread replies works fine for you?  (Read 2307 times) previous topic - next topic

Unread replies works fine for you?

I admit it's a feature I don't use, but after the upgrade to elkarte 1.1.3 a member complains that it's not working. I start testing it by marking first all topics as read and it's shows me only one topic that I opened. The same topic is shown to the other member. In "Unread topics" I see other unread topics where I participated.
Could be a bug or is something wrong with my forum? 
sorry for my bad english

Re: Unread replies works fine for you?

Reply #1

Hi,
it seems to work fine here.
Philippe

Reply #2

Unread replies are not working for me, I see the unread topics in "New posts" but not in "New replies", it's always empty. What should I check?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

"New replies" shows only new answers to posts made by yourself. Otherwise "new posts" shows all new posts no matter from whom they are or whom they answer. Be sure you understand those differences.  ;)

Reply #4

Thanks Jorin, I understand the differences ;) I will post a couple of screenshots as soon as I have some unread replies.

Edit: screenshots added. As you can see I posted in the past on the topic "Le auto più brutte", I see that topic in New Posts but New Replies is empty.

Reply #5

Quote from: radu81 – Thanks Jorin, I understand the differences ;) I will post a couple of screenshots as soon as I have some unread replies.

Edit: screenshots added. As you can see I posted in the past on the topic "Le auto più brutte", I see that topic in New Posts but New Replies is empty.

As soon as someone replies to your post it will show in New Replies, if no-one replies to something you posted it will (correctly) not show anything.

For instance this post i just made now should show up under New Replies for you because i replied directly to a post you made. To recap, New Replies is only replies to YOUR posts, not to posts made by anyone else, even if it is in the same topic.

Reply #6

I know how it works but it's not working on my forum.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

Are sure you have the same latest files (1.1.3)?

Reply #8

Yes, I did a full update.
I think there is something wrong with my database  sometimes I get some errors. Here a screenshot a member posted, but I am not sure if is related to this
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

I also think it is more towards database errors / problems, not the complained files. Do ensure your backups are in hand, just in case.

Reply #10

Quote from: ahrasis – Do ensure your backups are in hand, just in case.
I do have backups but they are useless now since last time "New replies" worked is when I was on Elkarte 1.0.10 and now I am running 1.1.3 version. I really can't go back to 1.0.10 now after 10 days  :'(

Any other suggestion? Thank you
sorry for my bad english