Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte german language files (Read 24501 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte german language files

Reply #45

Just download Sublime Text 3 Portable and notepad++ portable. Have to see whitch one fits better my needs. This will never happens again to me.  :)

Reply #46

I actually ditched Notepad++ (and GVim) for Sublime Text back in the days. N++ is not really stable for me. It never was.
-

Reply #47

Thanks for the link. Muchly informative.
Dont have to do overreact contortions, so I think Notepad++ is good enough for me.  ;)

Regards
NetFlag

Reply #48

Time will tell.  ::)
-

Reply #49

As I said, most time of my private activity the system is called Debian. No problems there. Only at the office unhappily is no alternative to WIN7. Furthermor time is short right there.
Anyway, many thanks for your deliberation!  :)

Reply #50

Quote from: emanuele – ....
As I said previously, if any one is not comfortable with github, you can just attach the files here, and me or anyone else can push the contributions on your behalf. ;D

OK, here I go for it. See attached Profile.german.formal and EmailTemplates.german.formal.  :)

Edit:
Atached files deleted
Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:50:19 pm by NetFlag

Reply #51

QuoteSie erhälst jedoch erst weitere Benachrichtigungen

Well... now that's screwed.

Attached fixed version (and added it to my Git). Please try to keep the wordings consistent throughout the complete German translation. I haven't had the time to check the Profile... yet, but maybe you should review it again.

(And it's "auf etwas klicken", not "etwas klicken".  ::) )

Reply #52

Careless mistakes.  :-[  You are at a great pace in correction. Thanks therefor!
Revised Profile.german.formal attached. To come right, hopefully.  :-\

Reply #53

Well, no, not nearly.  ;D

Fixed, added to git. With your nickname as a commit message, of course.

(Random question: Should we use "correct" quotation marks or stay with "?)
-

Reply #54

I suppose it's up to you... no?

The only place I can see some potential issue is in emails, but for the rest should be fine one way or the other.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #55

Hence my question. I'm not entirely sure if ElkArte handles „German quotation marks“ correctly.
-

Reply #56

We can try. ;)

If you have an example I can just throw it into an email template and send out some emails to myself. And if it doesn't work... we can call it a bug and try to fix it. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #57

A valid example is „...“, given that the part between the marks is irrelevant here. ;)
-

Reply #59

Yes, they are. Not as wide as "double comma".  ;)
-