Skip to main content
Topic: Batch upload for Smilies  (Read 2565 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch upload for Smilies

I think MyBB offers this feature. My friend who runs a MyBB board uploaded some 100 smilies within a minute. It is a feature I always wanted to see on SMF where we need to add smilies one by one.

Re: Batch upload for Smilies

Reply #1

As far as I can remember you can upload a smiley pack as a mod. No need to do anything one by one.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #2

Quote from: IchBin – As far as I can remember you can upload a smiley pack as a mod. No need to do anything one by one.

Yes, only a smiley pack . I hope you are aware that most of the popular smilies does not come as a smiley pack with SMF or ElkArte. Just wondering if there is any solution to convert a bunch of hand picked smilies into a Smiley Pack or add them as a batch with ease.

Reply #3

Making a smiley pack is very easy. I'm sure we could write up a quick doc to explain to those who do not understand it.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #4

Ohhh... the smiley packs, that's one of the things I have no idea if are used or not, if are useful or not.
From time to time I propose to drop them, but since people do not agree neither disagree I just leave them where they are... :P

Yup, I think I did something in the past to load multiple smiley at once... or it was another life?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

I don't remember using which forum software (maybe SMF/vBulletin), but I like the forum importing any picture in the smiley directory and automatically create the code to use them based on the filename (e,g, cry.png become :cry:).

Reply #6

Spuds wonders if we can implement our new drag and drop attachment functions to do this with smileys