Skip to main content
Topic: Updated site 11/16 (Read 3972 times) previous topic - next topic

Updated site 11/16

Updated the site this PM ... its current as of the Repo on 11/16.

I think you all know the drill by now, flush your cache to make sure you get the CSS and JS changes.  Then look for them bugz that like to find there way in!

Have fun and enjoy the update (more to come ;) )

Re: Updated site 11/16

Reply #1

Browsing on my phone and this site looks pretty darn good.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #2

yep, looking great..  I forgot to clean the browser's cache, was a funny mixture (partly old layout, partly new :o )

btw, found tiny little bug (powered by TE)  :D
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/1042
@Spuds : mentioned you because it makes sense to apply that one to the site as well, the error log is growing fast  O:-)
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #3

YAY! :D

The notifications button is pretty nice to have! O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: TE – yep, looking great..  I forgot to clean the browser's cache, was a funny mixture (partly old layout, partly new :o )

btw, found tiny little bug (powered by TE)  :D
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/1042
@Spuds : mentioned you because it makes sense to apply that one to the site as well, the error log is growing fast  O:-)
Done :D  .. and I cleared the log of those errors so we can see whats left
Quote from: emanuele – YAY! :D

The notifications button is pretty nice to have! O:-)
It sure is, very cool!

Reply #5

I'd call it a waste of a main menu button. I've never once used the notifications section of SMF in all the years I've been using the software. Should be subsiduary, IMHO. You could do it as part of the account button, with a pop-up as for PM numbers.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #6

Oh and the on/off icons don't show for me, even after clearing cache.

Reply #7

Quote from: Antechinus – I'd call it a waste of a main menu button. I've never once used the notifications section of SMF in all the years I've been using the software. Should be subsiduary, IMHO. You could do it as part of the account button, with a pop-up as for PM numbers.
Well thats not what that button is, its used if someone mentions you in a post, buddies you, likes one of your posts, etc

It does have a PM count popup on it as well

QuoteOh and the on/off icons don't show for me, even after clearing cache.
Anyone else not seeing them?

Reply #8

on/off are working fine for me. I like the notifications button though. I had no idea I was mentioned somewhere until that button showed up.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #9

I'm also fine with the menu the way it is, Maybe we can move the PM counter and Notifications counter out of the menu and push it somewehere in the header .. but I'd simply leave it there for 1.0 and see what our users think..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #10

I agree with the above as well.   I don't think they belong under the My Account button at all.  Right now the top buttons are the things people do when they come to a site so whats there makes sense to me.  Like TE says, lets see what feedback we get and adjust as needed.

Reply #11

Weird. First you wanted to split the personal stuff out of the site stuff. Now you want to split the personal stuff into different places, some mixed up with the site stuff and some not. Beats me, but I'm not going to waste my time arguing about it.

Reply #12

Yeah, it may sound weird.
I don't know why, but when you proposed "let's separate community-stuff-personal" it made sense. Though when I saw and touched the separation, it looked weird.
It was difficult for my brain deal with the fact that clicking on "my account" I was obtaining the personal messages, it's an unexpected behaviour.
Also the "logout" button looked weird all alone there on the far right.

From my experience here with the menu, it would be more logical to have PMs as sub-menu of "my account", not primary. In that case I could "understand" it: PMs are a "sub-section" of my own account, make sense. But as you pointed out people use more the PM rather than the account, and as such PM should be top-level in order to facilitate users. But then it would be counter-intuitive from an user-expectation point of view, so probably the separation (even though illogical in the general presentation of the menu) is the only meaningful way to deal with it.

ETA: of course that's just my 2 cents and my personal experience with the last few months using it here.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.