Skip to main content
Topic: Board for the main admin only... (Read 2556 times) previous topic - next topic

Board for the main admin only...

Okay, I'd like to know about a board for the main admin only.
One where other admins can't get to.
This board would be more like my personal storage area for stuff I want to keep, but my eyes only.
More like posts on edits and stuff.

Would like to do it, without setting up another admin group for the other admins.

Re: Board for the main admin only...

Reply #1

I think it's not much different from smf, it requires quite some changes.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

There is no main admin but just admin and I dont think you can create a board which can exclude other admin. I could be wrong.

Reply #3

My guess would be to give each Admin a 'private' section that is accessible via their profile or a tab on the base Admin panel. Make it password protected and it is identifable to that Admin via their user id and current session id.  As no other user should have that user id or session number it would be protected from other eyes. Of course, this would take a mod or re-write.

The Ajax Chat has something similar in its private rooms and I think, maybe, I don't exactly remember but, some portals also have private rooms.

Reply #4

I remember a mod for notepad by kays back in SMF. I think that can be useful to have your own personal records. You can port it for personal use or check its license / permission if you can do so publicly.

Reply #5

This is not for little notes, but full boards for myself to put posts for things.
But, I went the way of new group for the other admins, so that'll work.

I may go and make a private forum, stuck in maintenance mode, where can also test new ideas, too...LOL

Reply #6

If the other so called admins are not having admin permission, it may work, I think but do wait for @emanuele or @Spuds or others to response on this first.

Well, I may attempt to create admin for each subforum in multi elk subforum addon later.

Reply #7

Boards access is regulated by member groups.
If two members belongs to the same groups then you cannot directly let one member access one board and the other not.
To do that, you need another group (it can simply be assigned as secondary group only you) and allow only this group to access the board.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

But admin can access any board, right? How can one is an admin but can be blocked to one of the board except, of course, he is not really an admin, or am I wrong here?

Reply #9

emanuele feels he lost the "admin" part while writing. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

That's why had to make a Co-Admin group.
Sure, they could go and change the settings for the board, but I trust they wont.
However, if something happens to me, and I vanish for a long time, then they could, to get the info there needed to keep things running. :)

Reply #11

With me being the Co-Admin, lol.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~