Skip to main content
Topic: Need help with Joomla (Read 2970 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help with Joomla

I am having trouble with disabling page titles in Joomla 3.5. I deleted the module position as well as tried changing the global configuration without luck. I need to remove " Home " in the following page

Re: Need help with Joomla

Reply #1

Spuds no speak Joomla

Reply #2

:(

Reply #3

emanuele doesn't understand Joomla
I understand a bit of Drupal (at least in general terms), but not Joomla.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

The modules in joomla are working in a similar way the blocks are working on Simple Portal, so that has nothing to do with modules.
You usually can enable/disable that in the options of the menus, but since you are using Helix Framework there is an option for that into: Menus -> (choose your menu) -> Home -> Helix page title -> and disable Enable Page Title

that should work ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Thanks @radu81

It is the same as of now. But the page title won't go.  :(

Reply #6

I'll try to install a blank template with helix and investigate. Did you used the quick install package with examples from helix framework?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

I just used the blank template.

Reply #8

I did the same install, Joomla 3.5 without examples data and the blank template Helix 3.
To disable that you need to go into Menus -> Home -> Page Display tab -> and disable Show Page Heading

That's the standard procedure in any joomla template, have fun with Joomla ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

Many thanks @radu81 . It worked.

Reply #10

I am stuck with a new problem. I inserted a module which displays articles from a particular category. To add to my problems, it pushes modules on both sides but gives only a blank area. I have added one article to the category but it is not getting displayed. Any help ?

Reply #11

did you solve that? tbh I don't understand what you are trying to do

Quote from: meetdilip – To add to my problems, it pushes modules on both sides but gives only a blank area.
are you sure there aren't othe modules published on those positions? Try to display the title of your module so you'll know which module is displayed

Quote from: meetdilip – I have added one article to the category but it is not getting displayed.
The module is displayed? have you assigned your module to a menu or all pages ? (Module -> Menu assignment)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #12

I tried to display 3 modules in a row.

1. Latest    2. From a category   3. Popular

I did them in the order 1,3 and 2. When I add 1 & 3, it works. When I add 3, it pushes 1 & 3 apart. But there is no content even though there is one article in that category. Not sure what happened. I am trying to build a magazine website.