Skip to main content
Topic: Transfer Attachments improper behavior (Read 1939 times) previous topic - next topic

Transfer Attachments improper behavior

Forum Maintenance>Attachments>Transfer Attachments :
Attachment and Avatars>File Maintenance>Transfer attachments:

Maybe I do not understand how this should work.  :)   But, the only way I can get files to transfer from one attachment directory to another is to select the "Empty the source directory" option. Not selecting that option results in the error shown in the attached image.

The good news is that the system does correctly move the files and maintains the links to the post. Also when using the tool to make a subdirectory that is successful.

Can someone please explain to me what is the purpose of the 'base directory' item?

thanks,

Re: Transfer Attachments improper behavior

Reply #1

Had to look at the code to figure that one out ...

What that option does when enabled, is only move files IF the from/source directory has more files in it that you allow (max files per directory setting).   If its under the limit, not files are move, if above it will only move the the number of files out of the directory so the limit is achieved.

So if you set a max files per directory to 10, and some directory has 15, check that box and it will move 5 files to the directory you specified.  If there were 9 in the directory, its below the limit, so it would move none.

Now sure how that was named "Empty the source directory", its baffling !

Reply #2

So, the bug here it the text?
What would be more appropriate?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

There were a few, I tried to fix them here