Skip to main content
Topic: [Theme] Separation (Read 16127 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Theme] Separation

Reply #15

Hi Spuds!
As I have noticed, the text of a post slides left into the profile, if I visit the forum with my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S7 edge).
At first I thought it's because I did some changes in the post profile, but it also happens if I visit the original Separation forum on your themes page.
I tried to enlarge the width of the profile column or to narrow the post area, but after this the changes were only visible on my PC. On my smartphone nothing has changed.
What can I do now? Here I did changes in the index.css:

Instead of 13.5em I tried it with 14.2em
Code: [Select]
.postarea {
    display: block;
    margin: 0 0 0 13.5em;
    padding: 0 1em 0 1.5em;
    max-width: 100%;

Instead of 15em I tried it with 16em
.poster_container {
    float: left;
    width: 15em;

Instead of 2px on the far right I tried it with 12px.
inner {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 7px 8px 2px 2px;

Reply #16

In the index.css file ... on  approx line 5333, which is inside the media section of @media screen and (max-width: 50em)
Code: (find) [Select]
	.postarea {
margin: 0 0 0 6em;
}
change that to
Code: (replace) [Select]
	.postarea {
margin: 0 0 0 12em;
}
and see if that fixes the issue for you.

Reply #17

Yes, that fixed it. :)
Thank you!
ElkArte version: 1.1.8 / Theme: BeSocial / PHP 8.0

Reply #18

Hi!
Not everything of this theme is displayed correctly in EA version 1.1.3. Will it be updated soon to 1.1.x ? That would be great.
The same applies to the theme "Storm Cloud". But this works much better with the 1.1.3 than the "Separation".

Reply #19

Getting my themes updated is on my list :D .... I'll try to get it done in the next few weeks.

Reply #20

That sounds good, I'm looking forward to it. :)
The design of Storm Cloud looks very elegant - although I prefer it when the statistics on the index page are at the bottom.

Reply #22

Is there a way to move the menu to top of forum, and make it stick there?
Like on besocial. I'd love to have it that way.

Reply #23

I'm sure there is ... I'll take a look this weekend or early next week and let you know.  I've not looked at this theme in a bit :D

Reply #25

Here is an update that adds in the fixed menu header functionality.   There are a few things to change / note.

Since you have done some custom changes, at least colors, the specific changes for this are as follows:

Replace your theme.js file in the separation/scripts directory with the one in the attached archive.  This adds the scroll detection function.  You may need to tweak the value in it to specify the scroll distance before the menu becomes fixed.  This is basically the height of your logo area or the distance from the top of the screen to the top of the menu.  In the theme.js file the value is set in shrinkOn = 110; <-change 110 to what you need.

If you did not make any changes to the index.css in separation/css then just replace that with the one in this archive.  If you made changes then you will need to add in
#menu_nav_1 {
border-radius: 0 0 6px 6px;
}
Code: (addafter) [Select]
.menu_nav_scroll {
position: fixed;
z-index: 100;
top: 0;
left: 0;
right: 0;
margin: 0 auto;
width: 95%;
}

and in that same file in the
	#menu_nav, #menu_nav_1 {
height: 48px;
}
Code: (addafter) [Select]
	.menu_nav_scroll {
width: 98%;
}
There were a couple of other minor tweaks in that file for changes in 1.1.8 but nothing to worry about.

Last change will be in your color file seperation/css/_blue/index_blue.css

#menu_wrapper {
  border-color: #CCCCCC;
 }
Code: (replace) [Select]
 #menu_wrapper {
  border-color: #CCCCCC;
background-color: #FEFEFE;
}
That is just the color in the padding area of the menu and just prevents seeing a tiny sliver of the page background as you scroll the page.

Reply #26

Looks awesome, my friend!
Love how it stays the width of the forum, instead of the old full screen width of most fixed menus. :)
Thank you!

Reply #27

Sorry for the double post, but:
@Spuds
I do need to figure out why my custom profile fields will not show on message view.
I have tried every setting, and they don't show.
I have 2 fields that have to be displayed.

Reply #28

I'll have to take a look and see if where I borked something up in the theme. 

Reply #29

@Spuds
I've got a couple of errors showing about the GenericMessages.template.php file:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, since I think it could be connected, for some reason, on even a new 1.1.8 install, the gender icon for admin account will not show. And yes, it is set to display, and the admin is set to a gender.