Skip to main content
Topic: Windows 10 (Read 4265 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows 10

Installed Windows 10 on my desktop. Will play it and update ;)

Re: Windows 10

Reply #1

I really like it. Upgraded from 7.
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #2

I prefer 7 though I have been using 10 since end of 2015. Touch pad is lagging and some times it just stops / hangs. I'll revert back back to 7 if 10 still causing this bad experience. :P

Reply #3

I am still on Win 7-64 Professional and will stay there for probably a loooong time.  With the MS antics of pushing Win 10 as they have, the installed 'spyware' ( OK not exactly spyware ), treating 10 as a service, the ad pushing that will happen, forced automatic updates, etc. I just can not see ever going to Win 10.  In fact, once 7 gets long in the tooth, I will probably be forced to go to a Mac. 

I have used this free tool for myself and for others. It helps if you do not want to migrate by choice or not, to Win 10.

Windows 10 When I Want It

Reply #4

I installed it... I think in December as well.
It's not that bad. Personally I'm not a fan of squared interfaces, but I can get used.
On my laptop is a bit unstable due to the video card I think. One day I'll try to uninstall and install again the drivers, but not for the moment.
For the rest... yeah, a bit sluggish, especially the menu (actually the search function of the menu that at times it doesn't pick up and I have to open/close the menu few times until I can get any result from it), but the rest seems normal.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

@emanuele if you are using nVidia, this will save you a LOT of headaches while uninstalling, trust me: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=179 (Hit the download link, for some reason it doesn't work properly if I link that).
You can then re-install latest version on first boot, it takes no longer than 10/15 minutes, because the driver download is a bit huge, otherwise it's a breeze.
Moreover, the nVidia support itself pointed me to it, which means it's better than their own uninstaller, lol.

If using AMD/Intel, it claims to work for it as well, but I only tested it on nVidia.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #6

IIRC is an intel-something, the one that was bundled with the Atom CPUs.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Atom CPU  ;D   Emanuele cares about global warming  O:-)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

Ugh... Well, I guess it will be an integrated Intel then...
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #9

emanuele doesn't really like laptop so he sticks with the one he received as gift a long while ago. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Quote from: emanuele –
 emanuele doesn't really like laptop so he sticks with the one he received as gift a long while ago. xD

Tell me about it. We have an old Acer (Friends we run for him since he's not a computer person)
We also have a Samsung, nice one, but over at my father's place collecting dust, since the battery is shot.

But, I do have one I do use a lot, but it's not a PC, it's Android. XD

Reply #11

10 is slightly better than 8, though I still prefer 7.  It is a bit sluggish at times, particularly on older machines. 

Reply #12

I've had no problems with 10.
On my machine, and all I do, in fact, it seems faster for me.
Less memory hogging than 7 was.
With same loading at startup as did when running 7, I have 13% used memory now, compared to 20% in 7.
Seems that some programs, also release better under 10, too.

Reply #13

Well ... this is just one of the reasons I will not use Win 10.

Resistance is futile.

Intentional or not, the fact of forced updates has prevented users from resolving an issue with Win 10.  

Reply #14

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Yeah, I too have had times of setting to open in one app, then finding it changed.
However, on Windows and Android, I'm more into not setting a default, as I like to vary...LOL

Although, I also do have a nice little program installed to fight this exact issue. XD