Skip to main content
Topic: Which third party services are used? (Read 2841 times) previous topic - next topic

Which third party services are used?

For my EU-Datenschutzerklärung  ::)  I need to describe all third party services which get personal data from my users, such as IP address. I know you are using Google Fonts, Youtube video plugin, Font Awesome. There's a bootstrap php file also. Is ElkArte using Bootstrap too?

Re: Which third party services are used?

Reply #1

I don't think any fonts sites will get any personal data from the forum but forum subscription any payment gateway that you use may need such data. However, they should have their personal data notice, so IMO you need not cover that, at least not in details.

Thinking of third party, may be it will be a good feature if we have a links to the third parties pages, like in the credit page. Any addons can also link / add to that page like they may with the credit page. Just a thought.

Reply #2

This is what I use ...

Quote7. Integration of services and content of third parties
We use third-party content or service offerings within our online offering, based on legitimate user interests, to integrate their content and services.
This always assumes that the third-party providers perceive the IP address of the users, since they could not send the content to their browser without the IP address. The IP address is therefore required for the presentation of this content.

7.1. PayPal
On our website, we have integrated components from PayPal, which automatically transmit data of the person concerned to PayPal. With the selection, the data subject consents to the transmission of personal data required for payment processing.
The personal data they transmitted to PayPal is usually the first name, last name, address, e-mail address, IP address, telephone number, mobile phone number or other data required for payment processing.
For the execution of the purchase contract, also such personal data are necessary, which are in connection with the respective order. The personal data exchanged between PayPal and the controller may be transferred by PayPal to credit reporting agencies. This transmission aims at the identity and credit check.
The data subject has the possibility to revoke the consent to the handling of personal data against PayPal at any time. A revocation has no effect on personal data which must be processed, used or transmitted for (contractual) payment processing.
PayPal may disclose personal information to affiliates and service providers or subcontractors, to the extent necessary to fulfill its contractual obligations or to process the data on behalf of.
The European operating company of PayPal is PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. & Cie. S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
Privacy Policy: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.

7.2. Youtube
We embed the videos on the YouTube platform of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Privacy Policy: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy.

7.3. Google ReCaptcha
We use this feature to detect bots, e.g. upon registration and submission to ReCaptcha online forms provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Privacy Policy: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy.
Many are stubborn in relation to the path, a few in relation to the target.
Visit our new Forum Project on https://www.portamx.com

Reply #3

Quote from: Jorin – I know you are using Google Fonts,
I don't remember we using any font outside of those provided by the system.
Unless I'm completely mistaken, we do not link external services for fonts.

FA is distributed with the package and when necessary is loaded from your server, not remotely.

Quote from: Jorin – There's a bootstrap php file also. Is ElkArte using Bootstrap too?
No. Never used bootstrap.

If you have enabled the use of CDN, you may be serving jQuery from  googleapis.
If you have enabled OpenID, when logging in the members are redirected to the provider of their choice (so this is not really your fault and not something you can document, because they are the ones specifying their provider in the profile).
If you have subscriptions enabled, Elk supports two payment methods PayPal and 2checkout, in the first case, only the member id is sent, the second requires also the email address.

These are those I remember.
I don't think we have any other.
Of course I don't know if you are using addons that may load external services.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Addon like social login may also be requiring or transmitting personal data too.

By the way, @Feline, I can see that in other forum softwares too, so that is nothing exclusive or new.

Reply #5

Thank you, @emanuele:)

Reply #6

But there's a bootstrap file in the package... What for when ElkArte doesn't need it?  ;)

Reply #7

Quote from: ahrasis – By the way, @Feline, I can see that in other forum softwares too, so that is nothing exclusive or new.
Have I say that ?
What I do .. I answered to Jorins question .. and I think, that was better as your comment.
So leave it and do not pamp me .. Thanks
Many are stubborn in relation to the path, a few in relation to the target.
Visit our new Forum Project on https://www.portamx.com

Reply #8

Quote from: Jorin – But there's a bootstrap file in the package... What for when ElkArte doesn't need it?  ;)
It's not that bootstrap refers only to the css framework. ;)
In that case is just the aggreagation of the code that "starts" (bootstrap) elkarte. In other word a better version of ssi.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.