I cannot uninstall this despite

Code: [Select]
<uninstall for="1.0 - 1.0.99">
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Re: [ADDON] Ultimate Menu

Reply #31

Quote from: live627 –
Quote from: Jorin –
Quote from: Spuds – Those are what you get if you enable "Search engine friendly URLs" in the ACP ... (configuration->general)
So the experts don't use search enginge friendly URLs? Why not?  :o
The only advantage is human readability. Spiders are not affected at all.
It also only works "out of the box" on Apache/Lighttpd, and I use Nginx for almost everything these days.

Yeah I've know about that one since RC days, there are a couple of override classes to "fix" that behavior where needed, but a generic class should be added as well, I'll toss something in for 1.04.  
Don't know what to say other than any form elements need to be beaten to death to get them to display properly across OS (and revisions), font stacks and browsers.  Probably worth a revisit in 1.1 but chasing down how those areas render across win/mac/*nix/ saf/ie/chrome/ff/etc 7/8/ml/mav/yos/unbu/cent/etc/blabla is not a whole lot of fun.  At one point I had a test setup with a combo matrix to see how those rendered (or did not) the differences were sometimes stunning.  At some point the same needs to be done or checked on, mobile devices as well bleh!

Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 04:25:01 pm by Spuds

Reply #32

Quote from: Jorin –
Quote from: Spuds – Those are what you get if you enable "Search engine friendly URLs" in the ACP ... (configuration->general)

So the experts don't use search enginge friendly URLs? Why not?  :o
"Search engine friendly" is a misnomer. They are really just more friendly for humans but have no bearing for the major search engines.

Reply #33

Do you prefer to change back to "normal" URLs? Is this possible for me?

Reply #34

Can someone split out the off-topic SEF URL posts?

Reply #35

How about FontAwesone icons for mobile users?

Reply #36

Does Ellk's main menu support icons? I haven't checked...

Reply #37

Issue/feature request: Allow defining a FontAwesome icon for the small screen view for top level menus.

Reply #38

Huh? They do have an icon in mobile view which is a fontawesome icon and can be changed in the css files. What do you mean exactly?

Reply #39

I am referring to this report.

Reply #40

It seems the code must be copied to the section for mobile views. Should be in the css files too. But I don't know where.

Reply #41

I've installed this and configured a new menu item.  It doesn't show up for some custom member groups that inherit the regular member permissions.

Reply #42

Icon picker. Add icon data attribute to links.

Or instead, I think I'll just eliminate the code that turns the top menu into incomprehensible icons on mobile devices. But that's ElkArte code or style, not this add-on.

Reply #43

Are you asking for an icon picker for the menu entries?
If so, I guess it would make sense, since icons are added in a nasty way in Elk.
Actually, you should still be able to add them via css alone (inside a media query), can't give you an example right now, sorry... :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.