Skip to main content
Topic: Small bug with Recycle bin? (Read 2545 times) previous topic - next topic

Small bug with Recycle bin?

I had 3 pages of topics in Recycle bin, I deleted everything inside but I still se the page number 1 2 3, I click them but there is no topic inside. Is this a bug?

I used "Find and repair any errors" and the problem was solved
sorry for my bad english

Re: Small bug with Recycle bin?

Reply #1

I've seen that as well, probably a cache bug as the issue self clears in a short time.   But since I'm not sure, I'm going to blame @emanuele

Reply #2

emanuele blames the cache just to stay on the safe side. :P

Well, first of all: do you have the cache enabled?

@Spuds do we have the opcache invalid thingy on the file-cache?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

cache by files is enabled. There is no problem for me to leave it as it is, it has no impact to my users, only the admin can see the Recycle booard in my forum
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

That usually happens on any board, of course it's just a matter of few seconds (I think 1 minute max), but it happens.
I seem to remember the same behaviour in SMF.
This is one of those cases where the cache should be invalidated after a change has been made, a change known to generate inconsistency. It shouldn't be too difficult to fix... I think.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – @Spuds do we have the opcache invalid thingy on the file-cache?
Right now we have a warning message that if you have the build in opcahce enabled (5.4)+ and are using ElkArte filebased cache, then you could have collisions. 
Quote$txt['cache_conflict'] = 'You are using PHP\'s opcache with ElkArte\'s file based caching.  For best results you should blacklist ElkArte\'s cache directory (' . CACHEDIR . '/*) using the opcache.blacklist_filename directive.';
The alternative is to simply disable it (filebased) if the opcache is enabled and active.

Reply #7

No problem for me if it's just a cache "problem" and gets solved after a few seconds ;)
As for the cache in Elkarte I will write another topic
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

Quote from: Spuds – The alternative is to simply disable it (filebased) if the opcache is enabled and active.
Yeah... add the opcache thingy may make any advantage irrelevant and even nullify the cache may still give some false positive.
I have to find a way to benchmark that cache. :P

Quote from: radu81 – No problem for me if it's just a cache "problem" and gets solved after a few seconds ;)
No need to worry, it's just that is annoying. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

My "gut" says filebased should go away.  I think the concept is fine of course, but given real world servers and sql engines, I think it would take a select combination of load levels, disks, etc to perhaps see a tangible benefit on either server load or improved user experience.