Skip to main content
Topic: Responsive Theme (Read 18021 times) previous topic - next topic

Responsive Theme

I'm currently toying with the theme, haven't had much time due to the admin refactoring... It's a slightly modified version of Ema's white theme  :)

Edit: Ups, can someone move this to http://www.elkarte.net/index.php?board=5.0, should fit in better...

Re: Responsive Theme

Reply #1

emanuele likes the color of the buttons! O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

The green isn't so bad either :)

Reply #3

It really looks great! Clean and easy to parse. And yes, fwiw, that grey-ish look of buttons, is more elegant somehow.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #4

Thank you all, this is a newer version with a slightly different color sheme ;) Hope you like it ...
I'll setup a demo-site soon..

Edit: Demo is online, check www.elkarte.demo
Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:11:10 am by TE
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #5

Oh nice! Color set wise, it's already easier on the eye than the bit too bright white-ish, more of a pleasure to browse for me!

I'd kinda think of a more sober green... not sure. (please ignore this thought if it's only me /old-fashioned)

Small quick note, http://www.elkarte.de/index.php?action=profile;u=1
Atm, as you reduce the screen size, the membergroup name is cut. Also just a thought, perhaps at some point, we don't need to display the text 'Online'/'Offline', only the icon?
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #6

oki, green is a little bit darker now.. Made a PR to the themes repository  :)
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #7

That's a pretty good solution, but raises a question: why do you need a seperate mobile theme?
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #8

This isn't a separate mobile theme.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #9

I know that. I can recognise my own markup and css y'know. :D Point was that if you can get one theme to do the job, do you actually need the seperate mobile theme that also exists? Does it offer significant performance and/or usability advantages in practice?

Reply #10

By the way, I actually prefer the look of that version to the original SMF 2.1 version. With a little more tweaking it could be a very slick unit indeed.

Reply #11

Quote from: Antechinus – By the way, I actually prefer the look of that version to the original SMF 2.1 version. With a little more tweaking it could be a very slick unit indeed.
The current look (was a temporary placeholder for testing variants) is still the old SMF color sheme, it's already replaced in the repo ;)
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #12

Well I rather like the green board names version.

Reply #13

By the way, are you guys intending to ship the default theme with more than one variant? Or were the extra ones just for testing?

Reply #14

Quote from: Antechinus – By the way, are you guys intending to ship the default theme with more than one variant? Or were the extra ones just for testing?
yep, that's the idea.. ship it with just one theme, but that theme should have some variants by default .. It's still an experiment.. I'd love to see a variant from you (I'm not a designer as you can see).  ;)

the green one is my favorite, too  :D
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------