Skip to main content
Topic: Board deleting problem (Read 1885 times) previous topic - next topic

Board deleting problem

I have board on the forum that I want to delete, but it seems that if there is posts in I cannot. I get this:

[quote}Selected board still has posts and/or topics.[/quote]

Anyway to delete boards and topics/posts at the same time? Or delete all topics/posts from the board?

This would be wonderful thing!

Thanks!

Re: Board deleting problem

Reply #1

Quote from: pdp-7 – I have board on the forum that I want to delete, but it seems that if there is posts in I cannot. I get this:

[quote}Selected board still has posts and/or topics.

It's a protective feature so admins do not accidentally delete an entire board of topics and posts. You can move all topics elsewhere, then delete the board. 

Go to ACP, Maintenance, , Forum Maintenance, Topics. Here you can move all topics in a board to another board. Or....you can move them individually in the topics themselves.

Then the board can be deleted. Hope that helps!

Reply #2

Quote from: badmonkey – It's a protective feature so admins do not accidentally delete an entire board of topics and posts. You can move all topics elsewhere, then delete the board.

I do understand that this is security feature, but was just wondering if it would be possible to kill all the flies with one blow.

Quote from: badmonkey – Go to ACP, Maintenance, , Forum Maintenance, Topics. Here you can move all topics in a board to another board. Or....you can move them individually in the topics themselves.

But I want to delete those topics/posts as well ... apparently one need to hack'n'slash ...

Thanks anyway for your reply!

Reply #3

Quote from: pdp-7 –
Quote from: badmonkey – It's a protective feature so admins do not accidentally delete an entire board of topics and posts. You can move all topics elsewhere, then delete the board.

I do understand that this is security feature, but was just wondering if it would be possible to kill all the flies with one blow.

Quote from: badmonkey – Go to ACP, Maintenance, , Forum Maintenance, Topics. Here you can move all topics in a board to another board. Or....you can move them individually in the topics themselves.

But I want to delete those topics/posts as well ... apparently one need to hack'n'slash ...

Thanks anyway for your reply!

You can batch delete as well.

Reply #4

I suppose you could use a  forum maintenance task, "remove old posts"

Set the time to 1 day,  Choose "Any sort of topic", and un check the select all and just select just the board you are interested in. Be very cautious that you just have that single board checked and no other check marks are on .... That should wack the stack down.

The other way is whats already been suggested.,  enable the quick moderation check boxes, set your topics per page as high as you can and use the check all and remove actions while viewing that boards topic list.

Of course having a backup should things not go right is always smart.

Reply #5

Quote from: Spuds – I suppose you could use a  forum maintenance task, "remove old posts"

Set the time to 1 day,  Choose "Any sort of topic", and un check the select all and just select just the board you are interested in. Be very cautious that you just have that single board checked and no other check marks are on .... That should wack the stack down.

This one I was thinking last night when I went through things over there, and might be the best option for me.

Quote from: Spuds – The other way is whats already been suggested.,  enable the quick moderation check boxes, set your topics per page as high as you can and use the check all and remove actions while viewing that boards topic list.

Exactly what I meant by "hack'n'slash'. No big red button to blowup all of it at once, but moving them down in batches ...

Quote from: Spuds – Of course having a backup should things not go right is always smart.

Never heard of those? Can we eat it?

:D

Thanks! I'll manage from here ...