Skip to main content
Topic: last post repeated at top of multipage threads? (Read 2329 times) previous topic - next topic

last post repeated at top of multipage threads?

It would be nice to see the last post at the top of a multipage thread so we knew what was being said wouldn't it? In phpBB I think there was an addon for that. Anyone fancy a go?

Re: last post repeated at top of multipage threads?

Reply #1

The last post?
Wouldn't that make reading the topic all confusing?
I mean you have a post that comes from the very end of the topic way back to... maybe at the top of the second page. I would find it terribly weird... xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I used that plugin all the time on my old forum at user's request. Some threads were several pages long so a repeat of the previous page's last post - clearly marked showing it was just a reminder worked well. It seems eminently sensible to me and shouldn't be hard to implement. ;D

Reply #3

Even first post on top of multiple page has no addon yet here. :P I love to see both though...

Reply #4

Ahh.. the previous page last post could do, from your original request I understood the last post of the topic. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Sorry for not being clear. So is it possible for some kind person to knock up an addon? If so I take back my rant about developers in another post! ;D  ;D  ;D

Reply #6

It could be possible, but mess with the pagination is one of the most annoying things of all... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Quote from: emanuele – It could be possible, but mess with the pagination is one of the most annoying things of all... :-\

More than attachments? 

Reply #8

Attachments are just a mess. xD
Pagination is annoying because there are quite a bit of safeguards to ensure the topics behave all the same way.
Actually, this may be either very easy (i.e. add a -1 somewhere) or very tricky. I'm not sure.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.