Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimpleSEF (Read 25684 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimpleSEF

Reply #45

Quote from: emanuele – Sorry, but I completely lost this topic (as you may have noticed I'm quite busy until the end of the month, from March I'll be likely free again and I'll just have to catch up on all I left behind).

Unfortunately, I picked up the "wrong addon" to take care of since I'm terribly bad with regex and htaccess rewrites, so it will take some time.
On the other hand, I was wondering: since the addon is MPL, what would you think about distributing it with 1.1? O:-)
Yeah, I know, more delay...that's why I don't know what to do... :-\

All I can say is: loudly sighs :P

I've been busy with stuff here, myself so I understand all too well the way life can just snatch you up and fly away with you at any moment without warning.

Reply #46

No 1.1. Maybe 1.2 but not 1.1.

Reply #47

Back to this quickly before I have to go for a while.
I installed the addon at http://www.elkarte.it/elk1.1/ and it seems to work as expected[1].
I didn't use anything fancy, just the download link in the main page of the repository (link in the first post of this topic => the download button on the right side).
As far as I remember, the only thing I had to do is bypass the tests the addon does before enable it because it tests the regex without considering the possibility of subdirectories, so it was failing.
I had a bit of headache understanding .htaccess must go into the root of the site and the regex shal be changed including the directory, but after that it's okay.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #48

I get this error, "The page you requested could not be found. Please contact the site administrator if you believe you have reached this page in error."

Is it due to SimpleSEF, as i didn't have any issues before.

Reply #49

ehm... which page? ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #51

Odd...
I just tried at the 1.1 test site and it works fine, on your it gives this strange error page, though even with that page you are correctly logged in, so at last that's less bad.
Is there any error in the log that looks correlated?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #52

Let's try a thing:
1) pick the file attached here and replace the one in /sources/admin
2) go to admin > config > simplesef > basic option; in this page, tick "advanced options" and save,
3) go to admin > config > simplesef > advanced options;
    3a) at the very end, where it says "Actions and User Actions", click on "Edit"
    3b) at the beginning of the first list add "auth," (pay attention there is a comma, it's a comma-separated list of values ;)
    3c) save
    3d) now, in the "Ignore Actions" section, select "auth" and move it to the right box (with the ">>" button, the first),
    3e) save.
let's see if the issue is what I think it is.

Reply #54

Okay, now I think I'm starting to understand.
It's likely the way the "old url" (i.e. where to redirect to) is set/found that picks up wrong ones.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #55

So is it the .htaccess? or settings in simplesef

Reply #56

It's a bug, it can be debated if the bug is in SimpleSEF or Elk, but it's a bug. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #58

Instead of disable and enable it every two days I'd say you could disable as many actions as possible, leaving enabled pretty much: display, topic, board index, recent... and that's all I think.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #59

@emanuele I will keep it enabled, but will turn off the auth, thing you suggested. This might work for some days, until you fix the bug :)