Skip to main content
Topic: index.english.php => line jumper (Read 2669 times) previous topic - next topic

index.english.php => line jumper

index.english.php => line jumper  #issue 2317

Code: (php) [Select]
$txt['splittopic_default'] = 'One or more of the messages of this topic have been moved to [BOARD]

[TOPIC LINK]';
Ought to be in a row
$txt['splittopic_default'] = 'One or more of the messages of this topic have been moved to [BOARD] - [TOPIC LINK]';

Regards Stephan

Re: index.english.php => line jumper

Reply #1

Is there a specific reason for this request?
I think a dot is missing after "[BOARD]", though I don't dislike having the topic link on the new line, it is the same structure of the "move notice" after all.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

To me, it looks better, topic on new row. Keep it that way, please.  :)

Reply #3

[TOPIC LINK]';
[/pre]
This is only after a blank line and that's what I mean.  In my opinion I think that this is, either in a row with
$txt['splittopic_default'] = 'One or more of the messages of this topic have been moved to [BOARD]
or without blank line comes directly under it.

Regards Stephan

Reply #4

Useless empty line, indeed. I like it more on a single line as well, but apparently it's just you and me ;D
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #5

Are you meaning, replace this:

Code: [Select]

[TOPIC LINK]';

With this, removing the blank line?

[TOPIC LINK]';

That, yes, I can agree with, although, it really makes no difference.

EDIT:

Wait a minute... I just thought of something, that none of use did before. That would not cause a line break, as there's no code for one, meaning, no

Means, what @emanuele and I commented on before,

Quote from: emanuele – having the topic link on the new line, it is the same structure of the "move notice" after all.

Is not actually caused by the space, and combining it in one line, should not have the previously thought effect.

Reply #6

Sorry, but you lost me.
I'm pretty sure it's because I'm sleeping right now, so I'll read again everything tomorrow morning. O:-)

To explain better what I mean with the sentence Burke Knight quoted:
$txt['movetopic_default'] = 'This topic has been moved to [BOARD]

[TOPIC LINK]';

[TOPIC LINK]';

The two notices have the same structure (in fact, to create splittopic, I just copied movetopic and changed the text.

Either way, I don't really care that much what the structure is, as long as it is consistent, so if one is changed I'd like to see the other changed as well.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Yeah sure consistency doesn't matter I think we all agree on that (it needs to be the same), what we are talking about is which consistency to apply :P
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #8

I noticed the blank line. That was it, for this post and Issue.
Regards Stephan