Skip to main content
Topic: [1.0.5] theme bug with hamburger image? (Read 5341 times) previous topic - next topic

[1.0.5] theme bug with hamburger image?

I installed 1.0.5 yesterday and today I find this. I am using a custom css file for my theme. I have this problem in both of my forums, and I'm browsing them with IE now. You can check here:

http://support.elkarte-hilfe.de/index.php/topic,2.0.html

It seems my custom css is missing something what's coming with 1.0.5? If so, maybe we have to find a way for future releases to prevent such problems when somebody is using a custom css file? If there is a way...  :-\

Re: [1.0.5] theme bug with hamburger image?

Reply #1

The problem is you have to update the index.css of your theme with he few changes done to bring that little button there, so: first this and then this.

Odd Elk didn't try to install to the custom theme... or maybe the changes to custom themes have to be explicitly approved? I never tried, I should... :-[
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I had some error messages with the custom theme while the update proccess. As usual I ignored them. My own fault.  O:-)  But I don't know why the package manager can't insert the new code into the custom css file.

I will try to fix it the next days. I am really busy this week. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!  :)

Reply #3

I didn't use custom for a couple of reasons: 1) it may not be there, 2) it may already contain something that could override "core" declarations (even though that last one, for a new "feature" doesn't really make sense O:-)).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: Jorin – But I don't know why the package manager can't insert the new code into the custom css file.
I remember it was pointing me to that with error, so I did it manually. But the Display.template.php fixes, I can't remember I was warned. Anyway, thanks for pointing that @emanuele .

Reply #5

Another problem with this: When I click on the button on my smartphone the button disappears and nothing else is happening.

Reply #7

it works because you are an admin or a moderator.

I just tryed on my forum with a normal account and I can confirm what Jorin said:

Quote from: Jorin – Another problem with this: When I click on the button on my smartphone the button disappears and nothing else is happening.

Imo should be disabled for normal users ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

No, not different, it's the same. Sorry. I missed your topic.  O:-)

Reply #10

Have you loaded a .css from Bootstrap?

Regards Stephan

Reply #11

As this is happening here, @emanuele should answer this.  ;)

Reply #12

You have on your board the same problem

Reply #13

I haven't made the changes @emanuele posted here till now:

Quote from: emanuele – The problem is you have to update the index.css of your theme with he few changes done to bring that little button there, so: first this and then this.

Odd Elk didn't try to install to the custom theme... or maybe the changes to custom themes have to be explicitly approved? I never tried, I should... :-[

The problem posted here:

Quote from: Jorin – Another problem with this: When I click on the button on my smartphone the button disappears and nothing else is happening.

...is another one with the button. I think.  ;)

Reply #14

In my ElkArte demo board works the hamburger menu. That's why I do not understand it why it does not work here and in your board.
Regards Stephan