Skip to main content
Topic: Watched threads search? (Read 4196 times) previous topic - next topic

Watched threads search?

Is there a built-in search id for listing all threads a user is watching?  New Replies shows only the watched threads with unread replies.  The show posts search in the profile shows a list of posts, which is close, but we'd like to be able list the threads someone has watched/posted in, as well as an individual posts search.

tia!

Re: Watched threads search?

Reply #2

I don't think it does what we're looking for.  What we'd like is a search similar to "New Replies", which returns a list of all watched threads with new posts, but without the new posts filter. 

It makes it a lot easier to find an older thread you want to add some new content to.

In forums that follow science and politics, it's a very nice feature to have.  Since moving from vbulletin to ElkArte, it's one of the vbulletin features our members miss.

Reply #3

Profile page - "Show posts as topics" but shown as titles only perhaps?

Reply #4

Quote from: Bloc – Profile page - "Show posts as topics" but shown as titles only perhaps?

Thank you, yes, I think the search from the profile page tis he closest to the kind of search I'm looking for, but  I don't see a "show posts as topics" option on the profile.
Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:04:34 pm by oblivion

Reply #7

That looks like a list topics the user started, I think.  If it were a list of all threads the user had posted in it would do the trick.

Reply #8

What Oblivion said.

I don't see any option at the moment to do such a search.

It should not be that difficult to create (if anyone is interested I'm very glad to give advices), though a couple of clarifications may help.
Watched topics in elkarte is (still) a sort of mixed status: the "new posts" basically means all the topics you have posted in (less those for witch you have turned "watching" off (i.e. the "unwatch" button).
Though, there is also the "notify" button hanging around, this is not considered in the "new posts".
Should the two be considered together?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

phpbb has a search id called "egosearch", and that's the kind of search we're looking for.

Reply #10

So basically a search for any topic that you have posted in? ..plus maybe being interested in as well?(as in notified)

?action=mewantstolook  ;D

Reply #11

emanuele should re-convert something to phpbb3...
Until then, I don't know much about egosearch. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Should perhaps not be too hard to make an addon for? At the very least a chance to have a look at how addons works in ElkArte.(for myself)

Reply #13

Just throwing it in the discussion: if you want to search in your own messages, you could also try to specify the "by user" field in the search page:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?action=search
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

Quote from: emanuele – Just throwing it in the discussion: if you want to search in your own messages, you could also try to specify the "by user" field in the search page:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?action=search

Doesn't that require some additional search terms?  I tried to use it to search for all the threads a user posted in, but the search failed because "no search terms" or something of that sort.