Skip to main content
Topic: Words mentioned (Read 2073 times) previous topic - next topic

Words mentioned

Just to keep it in mind: from time to time it may be "nice" to know when a certain word is mentioned in a discussion. Of course "member-based", so I'd like for example to know when the name Pratchett is posted anywhere, I could go to my profile and add it to a list of alerts I want to receive.

I know it may be a pain to implement, usual considerations over performances and so on.

Well, who cares, let's track it down, it may be implemented in a limited way, then expanded and made it worth if someone is interested. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Words mentioned

Reply #1

Sounds interesting.

I wish I have a function to see a list of my old mentions. The ones I already marked as read. At the moment they are deleted when so marked (or did I miss something?). Maybe you can think about such a list?  O:-)

Reply #2

Quote from: Jorin – Sounds interesting.

I wish I have a function to see a list of my old mentions. The ones I already marked as read. At the moment they are deleted when so marked (or did I miss something?). Maybe you can think about such a list?  O:-)
There's a "Show all" button on the right  in the mentioning Screen -> shows all "old" mentions except those deleted completely.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #3

Ah! Thanks!  :-[

Didn't see this one. Maybe not the best place for this button? I tried "all mentions" on the left, but didn't see the old ones. So I thought they must be deleted when marked as read.