Skip to main content
Topic: SwiftMailer (Read 2592 times) previous topic - next topic

SwiftMailer

Working on a SwiftMailer addon because I want to use Mailgun for emails. Since it uses a curl request, neither the PHP nor the SMTP mailer interface will work. Unfortunately, sendmail() doesn't provide any hooks and I can't see any way to change it without code edits.

So, I think I'm going to just submit a PR to get rid of sendmail() and replace it with SwiftMailer. Anyone object to switching to it?

Re: SwiftMailer

Reply #1

hello,

sorry for the OT, but why do you want to use Mailgun? there is also mandrill.com which is cheaper and provide you an SMTP account to use
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

Just one of the ones I was looking at using.

Reply #3

Don't know anything about any of those services.

I'd think it would be a good change to be able to choose an API in addition to the the default SMTP or Mail functions.    So maybe some interface or abstract mail class that can be used?  If thats what you are saying I think its a good idea yes

Reply #4

I think it's this:
http://swiftmailer.org/
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Oh forgot to add: mails are a pain (I think Spuds knows much more than me on that respect lol) so I guess delegate the hassles to an external library is not a bad thing at all. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Yup, tis a pain ... I think it would be good to have the mail area flexible enough to use an external service (I don't know whats involved in those API's) as well as existing internal options as well.

Reply #7

emanuele wonders if this is still relevant

In theory it shouldn't be that difficult, just replace almost anything in sendmail. LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.