Skip to main content
Topic: dislike button (Read 4735 times) previous topic - next topic

dislike button

It would be nice if there was a dislike button, and if it was typed more than 50 clicks from different users then the message would have been minimized.

For example: http://www.yaplakal.com/findpost/50705204/forum2/topic1428602.html
Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:42:49 am by inter
Sorry for my English

Re: unlike button

Reply #1

More or less like stackoverflow or php.net as well.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: unlike button

Reply #2

More buttons or option(s) to like? FB is now giving more options other than their original like i.e. happy, surprise, mad, sad...

I will post the sample later, to clarify.

Re: dislike button

Reply #3

Rename this topic: dislike button.

it's like karma for each message if the message is bad it will be hidden in spoiler, while anyone not unwrap it to see.
Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:55:39 am by inter
Sorry for my English

Reply #4

Don't you fear users with bad feelings for each other will abuse this function?

Reply #5

Quote from: Jorin – Don't you fear users with bad feelings for each other will abuse this function?
don't know
Sorry for my English

Reply #6

Quote from: Jorin – Don't you fear users with bad feelings for each other will abuse this function?

good point @Jorin ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

I think it will be the same as with the karma function. Not used in most boards because of the danger of abuse.

Reply #8

the administrator can disable this button, this is not a problem
Sorry for my English

Reply #9

QuoteNot used in most boards because of the danger of abuse.

That's the point why some of my members don't like the "likes". You can abuse them as well. But you can abuse everything, if you want to.  ;)

I think there is a difference between very large forums and forums like mine, in which we are nearly like a family.

I never used things like karma, I would not use such an addon like this one here (it is a kind of censorship in my eyes)  and I don't use that feature with the "automatically warnings".

I would delete posts, which are very noughty, stupid or against our rules, and I would talk to members which show a bad behavior in forum, with a friendly pm first... and maybe kick them, if they carry on and don't change their behavior. But I would never allow members to play a teacher, which is giving bad marks to other members... or play the  judge over the behavior of other members.

Reply #10

We can always see the bad side and the good side of these buttons. I don't think we can ever stop people from expressing themselves or their feelings as they can even do so in a reply.

For me, these buttons, if they are going to be added, are merely there to facilitate such expressions in a simpler format, while in the best way, of course, they should be in a proper reply.

Often, we also let ourselves become prejudice and pre-judge the users too early, while in actual reality, they might not behave in such a bad way, at all. Users are slowly learning to express themselves in a proper way despite the differences that they have, so why not giving them some rooms to explore these possibilities.

The reply box and personal message are still there to help resolve any issues openly or in private, right?

Reply #11

In Stackoverflow, there is a big misuse of -ve rating. There are a few people who will negative rate any thread irrespective of what is in it. They do just because they can.

Reply #12

Just a thought:  negativity seems a sure way to create a dead forum quickly.  If people really, really want it, perhaps it would be more appropriate as an add-on? 

Reply #14

Quote from: ahrasis – More buttons or option(s) to like? FB is now giving more options other than their original like i.e. happy, surprise, mad, sad...

I will post the sample later, to clarify.

it's even cooler that I offered

github example
Sorry for my English