Skip to main content
Topic: Site Upgrading (We hope) (Read 19063 times) previous topic - next topic

Site Upgrading (We hope)

Time for another heads-up that we did another upgrade of the site today, the last version was from mid June and this version is fresh as of today 8/30 - Now we're still fixing a few bugs, some real and some just a result of the upgrade process and my poor typing skills.  As always you may need to do a hard refresh to clean out your browser cache

Please report everything you still find so we can get to doing what we do best, create bugs ... no no I mean fix things!

Re: Site Upgrading (We hope)

Reply #1

Looks good!

Two issues:
New icon seems to work inconsistently, for example this post didn't have one, but others do?
Search bar and "This Topic" "This Board" drop down have no space between them and over lap a bit.

Safari on Mac.

Reply #2

Interesting theme...but I feel an urge to change lots of things lol. :) I think though, I actually liked the former version better, but i am sure thats just a personal preference.

Reply #3

Looks great! Nothing that really jumps out at me screaming it doesn't belong. Some cosmetic things I may want to change, but nothing that I think couldn't be great for default. Well done guys!
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #4

The theme looks good but a little overwhelming. Maybe I'll get used to it.

The Stats template seems to be buggy. There is a bug with quoting to the full editor; it's still looking for smf_scripturl I guess. I don't seem to be able to find smileys too. They seem to be back now. There is the "this is this" text at the bottom of Display template; some kind of debugging code maybe. Page indexes are lone numbers; they need something like "Pages:" in front of them. I also have the quick search bar plus drop down issue and I'm running Chrome on Mac.

Reply #5

YAY! :D

Quote from: Trekkie101 – New icon seems to work inconsistently, for example this post didn't have one, but others do?
True...at first it worked and now it didn't... >:-(

(auto) save of drafts in quick reply has some issues, it says: ": just now" ($txt missing?)
Clicking "preview" empties out the textarea (have to verify that one, I'm always fighting with quick reply and preview lol). (as expected :P)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

The theme change is somewhat dramatic and we figured it would cause some discussion :D ... I think the item that stands out is the new menu compaction, there are +/- in that respect for me as well, but I don't think we are done with that just yet

Thanks for the bug reports, I've chase down a few of the simple ones and made some site updates while the PR is pending

Quote(auto) save of drafts in quick reply has some issues, it says: ": just now" ($txt missing?)
Yups the txt string is not found in the xml response ... easiest is to move that string to index vs a loadlanguage I think
QuoteThe Stats template seems to be buggy
Found two issues in there and made the updates (missing global and html error in the template)
Quote "this is this"
LOL .. all these weeks of looking at the theme and I never noticed that, its gone now
QuotePage indexes are lone numbers; they need something like "Pages:"
Thats not new with this rendition of the theme, those have been gone for some time ... I think they may have been removed in 2.1 as well but don't recall.  I believe the general feeling was the pages text was redundant, Emanuele or Ant are the best to say for sure on that one.
Quotee quick search bar plus drop down issue
Have not looked for this yet, seems fine in FF but thats a different engine
Quotesmf_scripturl
If there are any of those it would mean I missed updating a file  O:-)

Off to look at them logs !

Reply #7

Great to see it going "live", was about time for some tests..  Thank you, Spuds. :)

Found a small bug (Polls layout) and made a PR;
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/792
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #8

It is just me or the header bar of the "attachments and other options" is gone? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Quote from: emanuele – It is just me or the header bar of the "attachments and other options" is gone? O:-)
yep, it's gone ... dunno if it's intended or not ..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #10

I noticed it was gone as well ... also not sure if that was the intention of just an error from all of the work that was done.  At a minimum I would think the form buttons (post/preview/etc) need to be moved up above the now exposed options so I don't have to scroll up and down to post :P

Reply #11

The site has been updated with the fixes on github ... thanks for those fixes and reports !

Reply #12

Have you received my pm, Spuds? (I'll write a few points on topic to avoid the spam radar, lol)

I seem to be able to quote my own pms but not other members'. I'm using conversation view and I get the smf_scripturl undefined JavaScript error. (now when I tried to quote a post from this topic I got the same result and error)

Also the bug which is related to clicking on "new" image not taking you to the first unread post in a topic is quite annoying. (basically the #new anchor not working properly) I guess you are aware of it.

QuoteThe theme change is somewhat dramatic and we figured it would cause some discussion :D... I think the item that stands out is the new menu compaction, there are +/- in that respect for me as well, but I don't think we are done with that just yet
I think the change in the menu is in the right direction but needs some work. It just feels a little disorienting after getting used to SMF style. I like the up/down links on the right the most; they used to be quite disruptive before but now they blend perfectly with the background, still being noticeable when you need them.

QuoteThats not new with this rendition of the theme, those have been gone for some time ... I think they may have been removed in 2.1 as well but don't recall.  I believe the general feeling was the pages text was redundant, Emanuele or Ant are the best to say for sure on that one.
I think it looks a lot better with something telling what those lone numbers are. It could actually mean something when there are more than a single page but a single number, "1", there, alone looks very strange and out of place. (at first I thought it was a bug) Maybe hide it when there are no multiple pages? (as a side note, it looks a lot worse in SMF 2.1)

QuoteFound a small bug (Polls layout) and made a PR;
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/792
There seems to be a little problem left there. (see the options with 0% in the attachment) I think you could fix that by echoing poll bar divs for 0% options too, but with 0 width.

Reply #13

Quote from: [SiNaN] –
QuoteThats not new with this rendition of the theme, those have been gone for some time ... I think they may have been removed in 2.1 as well but don't recall.  I believe the general feeling was the pages text was redundant, Emanuele or Ant are the best to say for sure on that one.
I think it looks a lot better with something telling what those lone numbers are. It could actually mean something when there are more than a single page but a single number, "1", there, alone looks very strange and out of place. (at first I thought it was a bug) Maybe hide it when there are no multiple pages? (as a side note, it looks a lot worse in SMF 2.1)
I don't remember with only one page what we wanted to do, what I did for createList is not to show anything when there is only one page (and I think I started doing it on other lists too, but not in a consistent way (as usual O:-))).
The "Pages :" was probably removed because when there is more than one there is already the "previous page" and "next page" so is more or less obvious what the numbers are for I *think*, not sure though.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

Quote from: [SiNaN] – I seem to be able to quote my own pms but not other members'. I'm using conversation view and I get the smf_scripturl undefined JavaScript error. (now when I tried to quote a post from this topic I got the same result and error)
This should be fixed now, that was a file that I forgot to update on the site  :-[

QuoteAlso the bug which is related to clicking on "new" image not taking you to the first unread post in a topic is quite annoying. (basically the #new anchor not working properly) I guess you are aware of it.
Noticed that as well, and it very annoying ... have not trakced down why its not adding in the div id yet

QuoteI like the up/down links on the right the most; they used to be quite disruptive before but now they blend perfectly with the background, still being noticeable when you need them.
Agree this version of them is much better, seems less in your face.  I'm sure the menu will go through some more changes  O:-)

QuoteFound a small bug (Polls layout) and made a PR;
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/792.
There seems to be a little problem left there. (see the options with 0% in the attachment) I think you could fix that by echoing poll bar divs for 0% options too, but with 0 width.
Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out.