Skip to main content
Topic: Site Upgrading (We hope) (Read 19192 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Site Upgrading (We hope)

Reply #15

Quote from: Spuds –
QuoteAlso the bug which is related to clicking on "new" image not taking you to the first unread post in a topic is quite annoying. (basically the #new anchor not working properly) I guess you are aware of it.
Noticed that as well, and it very annoying ... have not trakced down why its not adding in the div id yet
Norv's fault:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/blob/master/sources/Request.php#L252
:P
Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:39:14 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

YAY! :D

It may make sense to move all the work done with $_REQUEST['start'] in Display.controller to Request I think.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

I think you are correct, looks like display.controller really makes a mess of that variable ... looks like it uses as a flag at first then resets its value again based on the flag value it sets it to etc ... (and something in there does not seem right either).

Are you volunteering  O:-)

Reply #19

Site isn't working on mobile/iOS, it splits the page as left side is all the content, news bar is the right side.

Pics to follow :)

Reply #20

emanuele looks around in the hope to see a TestMonkey that wants to take care of it... :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #21

You could open it as an issue and assign it  ;D

Reply #22

Quote from: emanuele – It is just me or the header bar of the "attachments and other options" is gone? O:-)
Is probably a boo-boo (that's "f@#$ up in normal, family-friendly English).

Post form buttons are wonky too.  Some details may have been lost in translation methinks. Hey ho. It's all fixable.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #23

Quote from: Bloc – Interesting theme...but I feel an urge to change lots of things lol. :) I think though, I actually liked the former version better, but i am sure thats just a personal preference.
I always feel like that about your themes. :D

The former version was just a "five minute job" to get something that was in the ballpark (not SMF, not too putrid, basic colours sorted) or at least the ballpark's general vicinity as long as you had reliable transport and satnav. I was never really happy with it as it had a very "been there, done that" feel to it. This one rocketh muchly, IMO, although after not looking at it for a couple of weeks I may look at some details differently now (quite apart from remaining bugz n stuff).

ETA: Just spotted one such detail while fixing typos in this post. IMO the quick edit Save/Cancel buttons are uncomfortably close to the usual quickbuttons list. Still quite usable, but not quite natural in feel. I like buttons to be no-brainers, so I don't really have to aim at them when I'm in a hurry. Will give it some thought.
Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:21:44 pm by Antechinus

Reply #24

Hi, I just to want to report something related to some problem with quoted text in recent posts. The text in quoted text is incomplete and nothing changed when I try to resize the post. 2 related screenshots attached.

By default in the recent posts is the post not fully shown?  And I just realized it today there is the resize icon/mark/button, but can you add a clearer mark to indicate this? Like read more or something? The symbol is too faint for me (at least) to be recognized.

The RSS Feed is similar too, can it be modified later if the post is in full or partial?

Thanks!

Edited : Found the quick reply! :P

Reply #25

Yeah that was just an idea I had and was trying out. It was an attempt to make the recent posts pages less overwhelming. The plan was to make them easier to skim for stuff you might be interested in, and avoiding the ZOMFG-wallz-of-text effect as much as possible. It may or may not make it through beta. Dunno yet. Will depend on how people feel about it, and what can be done with it without the code getting ricidulous. :)

Reply #26

It sounds like a very clever idea; I like it! It would be nice to have it if it can be implemented in a more user friendly way.

Reply #27

I'd only had the idea and played with it for an hour or whatever, so I'm sure implementation could be improved. I threw it in because "Hey, it's alpha". Figured rather than talking about it, just put it in and see how the punters react.

Also the new PM indicators are currently borked. They don't go away after you read your PM's. Bugz. Love 'em :P

Reply #28

Eliana Tamerin is blown away.

Awesome upgrade, glad to see the new theme in play.

Reply #29

Yeah I love it too. One of my best ever. The footer is a stroke of genius if I do say so myself (and obviously I do :D). Sheer elegance. Live and learn. :)

Oh and the new PM indicators seem to be working correctly now.