Skip to main content
Topic: Octoberfest (Read 2963 times) previous topic - next topic

Octoberfest

Well not quite, but in anticipation of one of my favorite beer types .. I updated the site to the latest GitHub repo  :D It has been almost 3 weeks since the last update, so figured it was time to show off all the things we fixed, and perhaps some of the new things we may have broken !

Be sure to clear your browser cache to catch the css updates etc ...

Re: Octoberfest

Reply #1

LOL, funny topic title..  Attachments are currently not properly displayed? Bug in upgrade.php? (rename to .elk seems broken)?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

I think your right about the .elk thing, thanks for the reminder ...
 Spuds runs to check things!

Reply #3

YAY!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote Attachments are currently not properly displayed? Bug in upgrade.php? (rename to .elk seems broken)?
I have that updated now ... I made a change to the update sql and made a PR for review, not 100% sure what is needed for that action so if its not right, let me know and I'll make the changes to the PR. 

For the site I simply did a rename of the files by adding .elk to all the non extensioned files in the attachment folders..   I'm not sure that uploading an avatar is working (being renamed with an .elk extension or if something else is going on), did not have time to check that after doing the site update and then spending some time looking at the upgrade script itself.

Reply #5

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote Attachments are currently not properly displayed? Bug in upgrade.php? (rename to .elk seems broken)?
I have that updated now ... I made a change to the update sql and made a PR for review, not 100% sure what is needed for that action so if its not right, let me know and I'll make the changes to the PR. 
Same here, don't know if the encryption is really needed. See also
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/843#issuecomment-25422777
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #6

Ah good .. yeah the old code was looking for attachments without a hash and then hashing those and renaming them to .elk but we should not have any non hashed files ... I least I don't think so, and I don't think we need to create a new one since we are not really changing the hash algorithm.  So right now its just a renaming function in that PR.