Skip to main content
Topic: Basics for Wiki? (Read 7694 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Basics for Wiki?

Reply #15

I also started working on a documentation on creating a member group

Reply #16

Quote from: Spuds – I checked the install and upgrade scripts and they have 8.3 ... I think we moved from 8.0 to 8.3 as the min way back.   Don't remember on 9.x, its always possible we did, but I can't remember  :-[ 
hmm... okay, I guess I was really dreaming! LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

Hey, maybe add a wiki board where we can discuss things about the wiki :p

Also, I have question(s) that I don't feel the need to make a topic for:

When adding a member group, you know how there are group types? What is the private group used for? Like what would I put as the definition

Same thing goes for Post based. I know what they do, I just don't understand how to explain them. :P

Check it out at: https://github.com/Mstcool/Elkarte/wiki/Creating-Member-Groups-(Mstcool's-Work)

Y'all may edit it my doc, if you guys want. :)

EDIT: Also, the installation guide is pretty much done. What do I need to finalize? Also, is there a page for downloads or something?
Check it out at: https://github.com/Mstcool/Elkarte/wiki/Installation-Guide-(Mstcool's-Work)

Just so y'all know, I will remove the "(Mstcool's Work)" part, the reason I have it in my repo is cuz it makes it easier for me to know what docs I am editing :P

In the Official Wiki, I will remove it. :P

EDIT #2: I know my wording is bad, but it gets the point across (hopefully), for the time being. I will improve on it time to time. Also, people can also help on improving it later on. :)
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:05:30 am by Mstcool

Reply #19

Quote from: Mstcool – Hey, maybe add a wiki board where we can discuss things about the wiki :p
It may be an idea.

Quote from: Mstcool – Also, I have question(s) that I don't feel the need to make a topic for:
And you want an entire board? :P

Quote from: Mstcool – When adding a member group, you know how there are group types? What is the private group used for? Like what would I put as the definition
hmm... A couple of random thoughts: is the "normal" type of groups (in the sense that most of the groups are private), only people with the right privileges (assign member group, or a group moderator) can add/remove it from another member.
I don't remember any other characteristic that make it different from other types of groups, but I may just have a bad memory. :P

Quote from: Mstcool – Same thing goes for Post based. I know what they do, I just don't understand how to explain them. :P
ehhh... good question, I guess something like: group automatically assigned based on the number of posts a member has.

:+1:

Quote from: Mstcool – EDIT: Also, the installation guide is pretty much done. What do I need to finalize? Also, is there a page for downloads or something?
Check it out at: https://github.com/Mstcool/Elkarte/wiki/Installation-Guide-(Mstcool's-Work)
There is:
the download button on the home page http://www.elkarte.net/ that always points to the latest version,
there is the releases page https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/releases that has all the releases with full package and update packages.

Quote from: Mstcool – EDIT #2: I know my wording is bad, but it gets the point across (hopefully), for the time being. I will improve on it time to time. Also, people can also help on improving it later on. :)
:+1:
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #20

As threatened, and now done, I pushed a re-layout of the wiki.

@Mstcool I included the two pages you did in that update, in the future you can just edit the page "stubs" that are there or add new ones (like you did)

I broke things down in to 4 main areas, each "section" has its own sidebar that can be edited as well.  Behind the scenes (if you do a full pull of the wiki repo to your local) you will see directories for each section. 

The wiki does not care about directories at all in terms of linking to a page, so [[bla]] will be found no matter where it is, that structure is just to help the sidebars

At the top of the pages I tried to add a basic breadcrumb tree, seems that has to be done manually so there will be some cut/paste errors in that :P

The Admin section reflects the current menu structure of the ACP, so there should be a page stub for each area that can be edited.  The User section is pretty blank, thats where I hope we can use some of @Jorin work.  The Dev area is whatever stuff we have randomly added to date.

Don't like it, use revert it rebase it and toss it out :P

Reply #21

Quote from: Spuds – As threatened, and now done, I pushed a re-layout of the wiki.

@Mstcool I included the two pages you did in that update, in the future you can just edit the page "stubs" that are there or add new ones (like you did)

I broke things down in to 4 main areas, each "section" has its own sidebar that can be edited as well.  Behind the scenes (if you do a full pull of the wiki repo to your local) you will see directories for each section. 

The wiki does not care about directories at all in terms of linking to a page, so [[bla]] will be found no matter where it is, that structure is just to help the sidebars

At the top of the pages I tried to add a basic breadcrumb tree, seems that has to be done manually so there will be some cut/paste errors in that :P

The Admin section reflects the current menu structure of the ACP, so there should be a page stub for each area that can be edited.  The User section is pretty blank, thats where I hope we can use some of @Jorin work.  The Dev area is whatever stuff we have randomly added to date.

Don't like it, use revert it rebase it and toss it out :P

Alright, thank you. :)

What are Stubs?

Edit: Nvm, I get it lool. :p

Reply #22

Btw, this doesn't show up

http://prntscr.com/66wmuk

Reply #23

Thanks, should be fixed now .. Ooops , your edits should be back as well !
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:42:44 pm by Spuds

Reply #24

Cool re-org!! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #25

I added a redirect board as child of Support to the Admin / Setup doc page.
Does it make it more evident?
Is there a better place for it?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #26

Well done :D