Skip to main content
Topic: Site Update 1/5/14 (Read 13760 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Site Update 1/5/14

Reply #30

Quote from: emanuele – The 9 hours is odd... I'm off too, but I'm not exactly sure why, since it should be using the time from the server for the comparison... it seems I have to do some more tests. :-\
I can only confirm that this doesn't occur on desktop (right offset), but reproduced it on mobile just now ('posted 9 hours ago', sure... Where did the last 9 hours go?!)

And yeah, I'll double-post and even triple-post if I want. You can always install Wedge here if you want to soft-merge or even hard-merge my messages...  :-X  O:-)

Reply #31

Not sure what you mean with "huge", but in Chrome looks fine here (31 linux).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #32

Quote from: Nao – I can only confirm that this doesn't occur on desktop (right offset), but reproduced it on mobile just now ('posted 9 hours ago', sure... Where did the last 9 hours go?!)
Where did you park the Tardis? :P

Quote from: Nao – And yeah, I'll double-post and even triple-post if I want. You can always install Wedge here if you want to soft-merge or even hard-merge my messages...  :-X  O:-)
TBH I'm not much a fan of merging, I'm more a fan of splitting... (not joking, it's a while I'm trying to think a way to split a message "nicely" in order to then split topics "cleanly") O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #33

Nice new theme. I like the old one, but this looks more suitable for software support.

Bug I found, though, is that there's no link back to the main portal/home page from the community site.

Reply #34

Bumped the site rev again, now with moar fixes !

Reply #35

Great, still found some bugz but we're getting closer now:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/1232  :o   ;D

Edit: oh my god, that list is long :D
Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:17:12 am by TE
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #36

I still can't get back to the homepage without manipulating the URL in the address bar. I can haz link?

Reply #37

Why do you want to come back to the home page when you are in this wonderful community? :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #38

Quote from: emanuele – Why do you want to come back to the home page when you are in this wonderful community? :D

Download link is on the main page. If I'm not a developer, it doesn't make sense to me to try the Github link to find the download.

Reply #39

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – Download link is on the main page. If I'm not a developer, it doesn't make sense to me to try the Github link to find the download.
Damn you and your logic  :P  Suggestions where to put the link?  We could change the link on the ElkArte name up in the header?

Also I bumped the site to the latest repo again,  trying to keep it in sync !

Reply #40

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – Download link is on the main page. If I'm not a developer, it doesn't make sense to me to try the Github link to find the download.
Damn you and your logic  :P  Suggestions where to put the link?  We could change the link on the ElkArte name up in the header?

Also I bumped the site to the latest repo again,  trying to keep it in sync !

I know, I'm just that damnable. Why not a link to the left of Community in the top menu? I don't suppose it really matters much where you put it (as long as it's not like vBulletin's tiny link in the bottom-right hand menu), just so long as a link exists.

Reply #41

Not sure where are tracked @TE so I'll post it here... :P (that is also a test for a thing I didn't consider)

There is a 1px or so area (see the pointer position) that highlights the area around the avatar. ;)

ETA: also if there are "many" smiley in the popup window it is cut "after a while" (see the attachment, the upper part of the smiley have a white background, while the lower half is transparent). TBH I have no idea why since the container is the same (a big <div>). Also there is another issue: it should have a max-height otherwise it can go outside the window.

ETA2: also thinking about it the window should be resizeable...if at all possible, dunno, have to check.
Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:26:02 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #42

Something I've noticed that has started to bug me, when clicking a link that takes you to a specific post, the top part of the message is cut off. Leaving the subject, reply number, and username out of view. Can we move the anchor?
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #43

Another small thing... can you "add back" the fixed height for the news section?
It's annoying when the page jumps up and down...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #44

Quote from: emanuele – Another small thing... can you "add back" the fixed height for the news section?
It's annoying when the page jumps up and down...
yep, will check this (and the other reported issues) soon.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------