Skip to main content
Topic: Intuitivelyness (or something) of the header toggle item (Read 7723 times) previous topic - next topic

Intuitivelyness (or something) of the header toggle item

To me it's not quite clear what the "^" on the top right corner does until I hover it; and I never would - I hadn't even noticed it until I searched for it. (Well, I knew the older design, so I know what it does indeed, but it's not intuitive IMO.)
-

Re: Intuitivelyness (or something) of the header toggle item

Reply #1

I opened an issue a while ago:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/1230
and closed it because I was in a bad mood. :P

I'm not sure what to do with it, I don't like it the place is now, but I can't see any good place for it...
Option two is remove the upshrink completely.
This morning I was considering some fancy javascript to attach some more to the fixed part (for example adding the search and/of the login so that when pushing it down in the middle of the page you have there anything you may need, but it would require some more work for the light variant I think.

Do you have any idea?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Yes, remove the "large" version. I, as a user, don't care about the logo, it's a waste of space.  :D
-

Reply #3

emanuele could agree
But usually admins want a big**, **huge logo centred and width: 100%... at least that's what I've always seen.

mmm idea: have it only for logged in users and on the left side where the quick login form is placed for guests?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

This makes no sense. Why on the left, when it's toggled up and down? Why not for guests?
-

Reply #5

Quote from: forumsearch0r – This makes no sense. Why on the left, when it's toggled up and down?
Why on the right?
It is a toggle up/down, but at the moment is on the right side of the screen.

For two reasons:
1) there is already the login box on the left,
2) the probability a guest will toggle the header is rather low, so due to 1), in order to balance the amount of elements on the page, the proposal "only for registered members".

I'm open to any idea of course!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – It is a toggle up/down, but at the moment is on the right side of the screen.

Ah, top right, not right right.

Quote from: emanuele – 2) the probability a guest will toggle the header is rather low

The probability a logged in user will do it is low too. Usually that thing is clicked once and never again.
-

Reply #7

How many sites do you see that allow you to remove the header? It is superfluous for sites other than the SM.org when logged in as a team member because there is all of that junk up top.

Reply #8

I, for one, find the header superfluous.
-