Skip to main content
Topic: Help! A mod accidentally removed a topic on our board. (Read 1604 times) previous topic - next topic

Help! A mod accidentally removed a topic on our board.

Is there a way to get the topic back?

If Elkarte doesn't have that capability, could you advise on how to recreate the topic from a database backup? We would lose 2 days worth of replies, but the topic has been very active for a couple of months.

Our webhost has a backup from 2 days ago.

Re: Help! A mod accidentally removed a topic on our board.

Reply #1

Hi, you can set up a board to act like a recycle bin, so all your deleted content (posts and topics ) will go there. Did you already set up a a recycle board for your forum? If yes there will be no problem to recover your topic.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

We have not. Can you point me at instructions on how to?

Reply #3

Quote from: oblivion – We have not. Can you point me at instructions on how to?
Never mind, I've figured this out thanks!

Still, is it feasible to recover the topic from a backup with sql queries? If so, what database tables would be involved?

Reply #4

I'd say anything involving database modification is a tough job though it may be workable provided you understand them deeply and thoroughly. Otherwise, I'd advise you not to attempt it, at all.

Reply #5

Yes you could with the messages and topics table you would need to insert the entry related to that topic id.
You can query the old messages table for ones that contain that topic id then insert.

After that do and find and repair errors in forum maintenance.