Skip to main content
Topic: Upload icon images in to the default theme directory to enable selection (Read 1276 times) previous topic - next topic

Upload icon images in to the default theme directory to enable selection

Hi

I am new to using Elkarte and have created some member-groups. My question is in regards to:

QuoteUpload icon images in to the default theme directory to enable selection

My first question is how and where to change to icon image. In my install of Elk it states the location to change the icon is
{theme URL}/images/group_icons/

Is this done within Elk or is this done via e.g FTP and modified in the server. ?

Lastly which icon in Elk e.g {theme URL}/images/group_icons/  does it actually change?

Sorry I have not worded this question any better.

My intent on wanting to change to icon is if the change created a custom icon e.g for a member-group.

Any feedback on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Darren

Re: Upload icon images in to the default theme directory to enable selection

Reply #1

The new icon needs to be uploaded via ftp, as you suspected. It's advisable to use a unique filename for each icon rather than replace the existing. To set it for the membergroup, Modify the membergroup to use the new filename in the Icon Image Filename field. Hope that helps!

Re: Upload icon images in to the default theme directory to enable selection

Reply #2

Quote from: badmonkey – The new icon needs to be uploaded via ftp, as you suspected. It's advisable to use a unique filename for each icon rather than replace the existing. To set it for the membergroup, Modify the membergroup to use the new filename in the Icon Image Filename field. Hope that helps!

Hi Badmonkey

Yes it did help and answer my question. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Regards
Darren
Darren J Cleaver