Skip to main content
Topic: Links underlinings (Read 9056 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from [ADDON] Titled / Descriptive ...

Re: Re: [ADDON] Titled / Descriptive Links

Reply #15

Either an account, or let guests pick themes. Up to you.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Send you a message with the login.

I installed the attached file from @Ruth today. There now is an underline, but it's somehow different from the others:

- It is thicker then 1 px.
- The space between the text above the line and the line itself is bigger/higher then other links.
- It seems this is a shadow and not a line.

Not happy, sorry, Ruth.  :-\

Reply #17

It's okay, Jorin...it was just a try. ;) . I was using the shadow as a line and did not notice that those lines were different to the others

Reply #18

Apparently Ruth was not that far.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

As you can see here:

http://forum-alternative-antriebe.de/index.php/topic,5936.msg93128.html#msg93128

...the space between the text and the line of the mention@username and the link to an extern page is different. In signatures are now two underlines.  :D

It's the second addon I have problems with and the addon author seems to have no solution (or seems to be not interested to find one). That's sad. Does anyone know what's with @Spuds?

Reply #20

Maybe it can be a problem of the browser you are using; I have tried Opera, Firefox and IE right now. It looks different if I hover over the name of the poster with Opera.

But I cannot see another difference between the lines...and I don't see any line twice in the signatures?

Reply #21

For the @ thingy you can change:
Code: [Select]
.bbc_link:hover {
    text-decoration: underline;
}
to:
.bbc_link:hover, .bbc_mention a:hover {
}

Regarding signatures I can't see the double underline... What browser are you using?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #22

Quote from: emanuele – For the @ thingy you can change:
.bbc_link:hover {
}
to:
.bbc_link:hover, .bbc_mention a:hover {
}

Okay, the links edited by the addon and the mention links are looking good now, they are fixed. But now every other text/page link (for example in forum index the list of recent topics on the top of the forum) is not underlined anymore. But they should be. The goal is: Every link should be blue and underlined when hovered. Except graphics as links, they should not be underlined. We are close!  :)

Quote from: emanuele – Regarding signatures I can't see the double underline... What browser are you using?

Actually the IE on my office's computer. I can check it with Chrome later this day.

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: Jorin – It seems the addon has another problem with links.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/auto/abgaswerte-renault-ruft-wegen-zu-hoher-abgaswerte-autos-zurueck-1.2824623

If I post this link in a post, it is invisible. If I edit the post then, the code is:

[url=http://www.sueddeutsche.de/auto/abgaswerte-renault-ruft-wegen-zu-hoher-abgaswerte-autos-zurueck-1.2824623][/url]
http://www.elkarte.it/community/index.php?topic=13.msg48#msg48
Seems to work as expected.
Is it the only one giving issues?

I remember I had this problem with an external link a few days ago. I can observe this a few days though.

Reply #23

Any news on this? I did not check it with chrome, sorry, but I think it looks the same with Chrome then with IE. Where are my lines? Want them back!  :(

Reply #24

The problem is that if the css issue was in its own topic (since it's not a problem with the addon), it was easier to spot, here lost in the middle of a discussion about other stuff it's much more difficult. ;)

I'll try to split it up as much as possible and bring the discussion to support.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Links underlinings

Reply #25

Let's start from scratch for a second.
Exactly: what do you want to obtain?
You want any link (those in posts, the ones around the interface, etc. "any" with the meaning each and every link that ever appears in the page) underlined when hovered?
You want some link underlined when hovered? (If so which ones exactly.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #26

I want it as it was before I installed the addon which is not guilty of this situation.  ;)

• No link should be underlined if not hovered.
  • On hover all links should be underlined.
  • Images (in posts and signatures) should never be underlined, hovered or not.

Oh, great. Where are the points of my list gone? I edited the post and the points are... well, gone!  :o

Reply #27

Could you try browsing here:
http://www.elkarte.it/community/index.php
and tell me what is missing?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #28

- Text of the menu buttons are underlined on hover. Shouldn't be, sorry, I forgot that.
- Some links don't have the link color (see recent posts list above the index, there the board and author names. They should have the link color). All links should have the link color, only category titles should not.
- "Forum Stats" should have link color too.
- Breadcrumb links are underlined on hover. Shouldn't be.
- I don't see any signatures, so to be clear: Links in signatures should have link color and be underlined when hovered.
- Images all over the board (in signatures and posts) should not be underlined if hovered or not.

Summary:

- Images should not be underlined as standard and not be underlined when hovered.
- Text links should have the link color and underlined when hovered.
- Category names should be underlined when hovered, but not have the link color.
- Buttons (menu buttons, breadcrumb, other buttons around the board) and the text on these buttons should not have the link color and not be underlined when hovered.

Reply #29

Quote from: Jorin – I want it as it was before I installed the addon which is not guilty of this situation.  ;)
Could it be you based your theme on besocial (that has this very behaviour) and then switched for some reason to light and you lost it? ;)

Now, what is missing?
Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:38:51 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.