Skip to main content
Topic: Merge Mail Function "Rabbit Trails"? (Read 1083 times) previous topic - next topic

Merge Mail Function "Rabbit Trails"?

For new "admins", it might be helpful if the email sending and receiving configurations were accessed from the same menu -

Currently, we access the settings for configuring outbound email via Maintenance -> Mail -> Settings,
and access the settings for configuring inbound email via Main -> Maillist -> Settings

Once I enabled Post By Email Management in Core Features, I found the Maintenance -> Mail -> Settings, for configuring outbound email, but not seeing the inbound email settings as I expected, was wondering what I still had not "enabled" to view that, and did not expect to find that part of it elsewhere under "Main"

Perhaps having both together (under Main -> Maillist -> Settings, maybe - or Main -> Mail -> Settings) would reduce the "boggle-factor" a bit for us newbies..

-Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Re: Merge Mail Function "Rabbit Trails"?

Reply #1

Yup .. combining those items to a single area was on my wish list to get to.   Really the maintenance -> mail was always a strange place IMO, hard to find, hard to remember.

Reply #2

..."strange place."..

... 'splains why I found that first.. ::)

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #3

The weirdness of the admin panel predates ElkArte to be honest.