Skip to main content
Topic: A Chrome bug on mobile which affects Elkarte editor and other editors (Read 2915 times) previous topic - next topic

A Chrome bug on mobile which affects Elkarte editor and other editors

If you are using Chrome on mobile there is an annoing bug which affects ScEditor . It happens in the full editor with "View source" option disabled.
It was already reported and affects also the editor included into XF 1.x and other editors like TinyMCE You can find more details and how to reproduce the bug in this report https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=806309#c7

Well, that bug made me crazy, I thought it was Swiftkey Keyboard and I unistalled that app, tried other alternative keyboards, I unistalled all the apps and in the end I did a full reset of my phone  without positive results >:( In the end I discovered it is a Chrome bug. Works fine on firefox.
sorry for my bad english

Re: A Chrome bug on mobile which affects Elkarte editor and other editors

Reply #1

Nice catch!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I've had this happen in FF too, for what that's worth.   ;)

Reply #3

Quote from: badmonkey – I've had this happen in FF too, for what that's worth.  ;)
I wasn't able to reproduce it on Firefox, anyway there are good news for who is using Swiftkey Keyboard:

Seems fixed with SwiftKey v6.7.8.25 released March 1st.
Release notes:
Fixed
Previously jumbled words in Chrome should now display correctly 
The longpress pop up box should now display on the screen

In Chrome for Android Beta 65.0.3325.85 seems to work fine as reported by a XF user
Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:16:15 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

This (bug ?) apeers only if you use Swiftkey ..
I tested this on our Forum (we use SCEditor v1.5.3) with a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 5 with the default Google keybord.
No problem with the SCEditor ...

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the path, a few in relation to the target.
Visit our new Forum Project on https://www.portamx.com

Reply #5

We have the same devices, I tested with Nexus 5, 5x, and 7 2013 and they all have the same problem with built-in keyboard. I unistalled SwiftKey a couple of months ago because I thought it was the keyboard fault and now I'm finally back to SwiftKey.
To reproduce the bug you need to use the full editor and the preview enabled, it's the latest icon, that with an eye and a pen. Try to enter a word with 6-7 letters, write the first three letters, the fourth letter type it wrong then press the word from the suggestions, you will see how annoying it is. I use a lot my mobile to write on my forums and this bug made me crazy. Happens with elkarte, xenforo 1.5 and also the tinymc editor. There are many xf users who reported this and it was also reported on my forum. In the link I posted above you can see a message from xenforo developer, with an example you can also download, with two texboxes, in one textbox you can reproduce the error and in the other one you can't. There is also an explanation, but I can't comment on this since I'm not a developer and I don't understand it.

P. S. I writed this with my Nexus 5, chrome and SwiftKey latest version released on 1 March and not a single word was misplaced, if there is something wrong, well... That's my english ;)
Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:08:54 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

If is possible to make the same test on our Forum?
I can't produce this problem .. not here and not on our Forum version.
Thanks ..

Fel

Reply #7

It happens also on your forum @Feline

Have a look at the images below, I typed Wek then I press for the suggested word Welcome and in the editor I got WekWelc. (Nexus 5, Chrome and builtin keyboard). As you can see the "view source" option should be disabled.

sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

I can't reproduce that .. 
If I type Weck and then tap twice on Welcome the word Weck is replaced with Welcome. (also here)

Nexus 7 with Google Keyboard (languages English and German)

Fel

Reply #9

View source is enabled or disabled? Which version of Chrome?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #10

Yes .. View Source disabled.
Chrome  64.0.3282.137
Same result with Chrome Canary ..

Fel