Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Levertine Gallery (Read 24319 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Levertine Gallery

Reply #60

Not obvious that is what you are supposed to do at first, but after that its like other D&D interfaces for folder arrangement.
Quote from: radu81 – and I get an error if I try to view and album with 2 sub-albums.
[attach type=thumb]7009[/attach]
in Elkarte error log:
    Tipo di errore: Generale
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
    /index.php?action=media;sa=album;item=7
    File: /themes/default/levgal_tpl/LevGal-Album.template.php
    Line: 45
I am using the latest version of Levgal
Have not been able to reproduce.

Reply #61

Quote from: tino –
I had to install the latest 1.1.7 patch then install levertine for it to work. I never worked out why it failed initially as is just worked then.

Check to make sure the permissions on the directories are ok. I think the css issue was due to the minify css not being refreshed.

Thanks tino.  That is exactly what I did.  Unless there's a later 1.1.7 patch somewhere, I go mine from the 1.1.7 patch testing topic. 

I have done this on two different servers and have the exact same results.   I did just get an error, though not sure what I did to get it,

Notice: Undefined variable: unseen
http://lts4.xxxxxxxxx.com/testsite9/index.php?
File: /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/testsite9/sources/levgal_src/Model/Unseen.php
Line: 54

Reply #62

@radu81 I was able to finally repo that issue and its fixed

@lurkalot the big icons has to be a  CSS refresh issue.  It has a stale on the load so it should not need a hard refresh but thats the way it goes sometimes ... I also noticed one css load error that I fixed.  

On the other issue I have no idea.  I've done fresh installs w/o issue and full removal and install w/o issue, so not sure what my be going on.  I'll need someone experiencing the issue to debug if I can't duplicate it.

ETA: that unseen error looks like a small bug that I'll fix today

Reply #63

Quote from: Spuds – @radu81 I was able to finally repo that issue and its fixed

@lurkalot the big icons has to be a  CSS refresh issue.  It has a stale on the load so it should not need a hard refresh but thats the way it goes sometimes ... I also noticed one css load error that I fixed.  

On the other issue I have no idea.  I've done fresh installs w/o issue and full removal and install w/o issue, so not sure what my be going on.  I'll need someone experiencing the issue to debug if I can't duplicate it.

ETA: that unseen error looks like a small bug that I'll fix today

Ok, this is really weird, just done another install on my local, and exactly the same.  Thing is I've been using Levgal on SMF and have done since Pete released it years ago, so not a complete stranger to Levgal.  Just can't get this to play ball.  

The big icon issue, I would have thought if it were a browser cache issue then opening that page in a browser not used before would the icons would be the right size, but tried this, and they are still huge. 

My local is running this,
Version Information:
This version: ElkArte 1.1.7 (more detailed)
Current version: 1.1.6
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
MySQL version: 5.7.24
PHP: 7.2.19 (apache2handler) (more detailed)
Server version: Apache/2.4.35 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1b PHP/7.2.19
Version Information: Windows NT MICKS 10.0 build 18363 (Windows 10) AMD64

My live test site is running this,
Version Information:
This version: ElkArte 1.1.7 (more detailed)
MySQL version: 5.6.48-88.0
PHP: 7.4.8 (apache2handler) (more detailed)
Server version: Apache
Version Information: Linux freeweb15-1.byetcluster.com 2.6.32-896.16.1.lve1.4.54.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 2 07:43:19 EDT 2018 x86_64
Server Load: 3.07

Reply #64

The big icons will only be caused when the CSS is not loaded.  They are SVG icons and need to have a width set of they will scale to fill their element, large icons = css not loaded.

I don't have anything running on Apache, I can try that but be surprised if that was the cause.

Is there anything in the server php error log? 

Reply #65

Dumb question, but did you restart apache/php? 

Reply #66

Quote from: badmonkey – Dumb question, but did you restart apache/php?

Well my local I have, but I have no control over that on my hosted test sites.   I'm curious though, as I've installed it on three different servers, two hosted and one local and exactly the same results.  Is anyone else testing this on the same server set up as me. ?

Reply #67

Is there anything in the server php error or access logs ? ?  Make sure you have error reporting enabled in your php.ini file for that local box as well so it outputs something we can act on.

Quote from: lurkalot – Well my local I have, but I have no control over that on my hosted test sites.   I'm curious though, as I've installed it on three different servers, two hosted and one local and exactly the same results.  Is anyone else testing this on the same server set up as me. ?
I've installed it on the following configs, first up an old 16.04 ubuntu with PHP 7.2 and MySQL 5.7
Code: (This one had a beta 1.1.6, so uninstall beta, install 1.1.6 then patch to 1.1.7) [Select]
This version: ElkArte 1.1.7
GD version: 2.3.0
Imagick version: ImageMagick 6.8.9-9 Q16 x86_64 2020-12-04 http://www.imagemagick.org
MySQL version: 5.7.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
Alternative PHP Cache: 5.1.19
Memcached: 1.4.25
Zend OPcache: 7.2.34-18+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
PHP: 7.2.34-18+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (fpm-fcgi)
Server version: nginx/1.16.1
Next up is my home server with is running docker containers, so this is an Alpine version in the containers.  This is mariaDB 10.5 and PHP 7.4, mostly the latest versions of items
Code: [Select]
Imagick version: ImageMagick 7.0.10-48 Q16 x86_64 2020-12-12 https://imagemagick.org
MySQL version: 10.5.8-MariaDB-1:10.5.8+maria~focal
Alternative PHP Cache: 5.1.19
Zend OPcache: 7.4.13
PHP: 7.4.13 (fpm-fcgi)
Server version: nginx/1.19.3
And last up is a ubuntu 20.04 box W/mariaDB 10.3, php 7.4, pure long term support packages here.
Code: [Select]
GD version: 2.2.5
Imagick version: ImageMagick 6.9.10-23 Q16 x86_64 20190101 https://imagemagick.org
MySQL version: 10.3.25-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
Alternative PHP Cache: 5.1.18
Memcache: 1.5.22
PHP: 7.4.3 (fpm-fcgi)
Server version: nginx/1.19.7

So the main deltas are 1) iMagick, 2) Nginx vs Apache, 3) PHP (apache2handler vs fpm-fcgi) None of which I can really see making the difference.  I'd also be curious if anyone is running apache / apache2handler has tested the addon.

Reply #68

I’m using Apache, as I said I had the error on first install then it resolved itself.

I know on YAPortal which used a similar SEO link I needed to do this for it to work as I’d expect. https://github.com/tinoest/YAPortal/blob/ce6a6dd4c7f2e54cb663560046bac2caf837e053/sources/YAPortal.integrate.php#L74

Reply #69

Nods ... thats one of the 1.1.7 changes I made.

cleanRequest(); was being called before integrate_pre_include and I moved it after that call.  That allows $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] and other global add/change/stuffing by pre_inculde calls to be accounted for (and validated) and made available for the Request and httpReq classes on bringup.

I can add another $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] but would of course like to know why.

Reply #70

Quote from: Spuds – Is there anything in the server php error or access logs ? ?  Make sure you have error reporting enabled in your php.ini file for that local box as well so it outputs something we can act on.

Sorry, no there's nothing in my server logs.   It's just like all the links in the main dropdown menu just don't do anything except take me back to forum index.  The only links that seem to work are the "My Media" ones. 

Reply #71

If it's of any help, here's a live test site where you should see what's happening when you click on the Media menu items.  This test site is only on a crappy free host, and has TinyPortal installed so instead of taking you to the forum index when clicking on a media menu item it will take you to home page.  http://lurkts1.epizy.com/ts12/

Reply #72

Quote from: lurkalot – If it's of any help, here's a live test site where you should see what's happening when you click on the Media menu items.  This test site is only on a crappy free host, and has TinyPortal installed so instead of taking you to the forum index when clicking on a media menu item it will take you to home page.  http://lurkts1.epizy.com/ts12/

Media gets nowhere as guest as you described, and if you log-in, there is no media option at all.

FWIW, TinyPortal from the user profile seems to work once logged in, but requires log-in and then it gongs, says no admittance, can't even ack that it exists..  (like, admin only unless it's selected while in your profile)   ::)

Groping it in the dark, my guess is permissions are goofy..
Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 04:43:25 am by Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #73

Quote from: Spuds – Nods ... thats one of the 1.1.7 changes I made.

cleanRequest(); was being called before integrate_pre_include and I moved it after that call.  That allows $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] and other global add/change/stuffing by pre_inculde calls to be accounted for (and validated) and made available for the Request and httpReq classes on bringup.

I can add another $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] but would of course like to know why.

That explains why it didn’t work then did work for me.

Doesn’t help @lurkalot mind.

Can you provide admin access to the physical server @lurkalot to someone? Preferably if it’s me ssh access as I don’t know how to use a GUI :flushed:

Reply #74

Quote from: Steeley –
Quote from: lurkalot – If it's of any help, here's a live test site where you should see what's happening when you click on the Media menu items.  This test site is only on a crappy free host, and has TinyPortal installed so instead of taking you to the forum index when clicking on a media menu item it will take you to home page.  http://lurkts1.epizy.com/ts12/

Media gets nowhere as guest as you described, and if you log-in, there is no media option at all.

FWIW, TinyPortal from the user profile seems to work once logged in, but requires log-in and then it gongs, says no admittance, can't even ack that it exists..  (like, admin only unless it's selected while in your profile)   ::)

Groping it in the dark, my guess is permissions are goofy..

Yes, I only gave guest permission to view gallery. Hence why no access while logged in as regular. Just so you guys could see it..

TP, waiting for RC3 ATM. Will uninstall that one actually.