Skip to main content
Topic: Where is link to front page? (Read 7129 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is link to front page?

You have a nifty front page, but AFAICT there's no way of accessing it from the forum (or anywhere else that I can see). What gives?
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Re: Where is link to front page?

Reply #1

Yup @Eliana Tamerin has been nice enough to let us know about that, oh like a dozen times :P .... would adding an About link under the community drop down work ?

Reply #2

Good for Etoliated Tamarind. S'pose that'd work, although "About" might not be obvious to anyone who'd seen the front page and was wondering how to get back to it. Could use a footer link too, or whatever. Just needs something.

Course you could always use what anyone who is used to SMF/portals would expect: a Home button. :D
Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:50:21 pm by Antechinus

Reply #4

Hey I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer  :P

I seemed to remember @emanuele had done one w/o the package.xml but I could not find it.  You know maybe we should add a search function or something  :P

Hey look, its says Home !
Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:04:19 pm by Spuds

Reply #5

Awesome.

Reply #6

@Eliana Tamerin you are welcome. :D
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #8

Also, on the Elkarte Light variant, the Community button is highlighted on the Home page.

Reply #9

Ha. No linktree on home page means you have to use right click>open in new tab to get to the forum from the home page if you are using the click menus and have the header collapsed.

That would be a problem if the logo was changed to link to the home page, because it'd effectively be the same situation that having the logo hidden is with the current theme. Namely no idiot-proof way of getting from home to forum.

Reply #10

Due to the broken layout on mobile devices I've attached an updated version which adds the homepage as child element to the community menu.
@Spuds: can you uninstall the old one and install the new version please? TY.

Reply #11

I think it doesn't make any sense to have it under Community menu item. Can't you just hide the Home button for mobile devices?

Also:

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – Also, on the Elkarte Light variant, the Community button is highlighted on the Home page.

Reply #12

Just to see how it would look I updated it to be under community ... just trying things out to see how they feel.

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – Also, on the Elkarte Light variant, the Community button is highlighted on the Home page.
Missed that, but I blame emanuele :P

Reply #13

Quote from: [SiNaN] – I think it doesn't make any sense to have it under Community menu item. Can't you just hide the Home button for mobile devices?
ok, new version attached.

Reply #14

And again :P ... the active button is still broken though