Skip to main content
Topic: Lets lets add a home page! (Read 20571 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lets lets add a home page!

Reply #60

Why the need for SSI? I didn't see the need to pull in all the stuff that comes with SSI just for a simple front page.

Page looks great btw!!
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #61

Quote from: IchBin – Why the need for SSI? I didn't see the need to pull in all the stuff that comes with SSI just for a simple front page.
I personally like it when header and footer are equal for all pages. SSI.php is IMO the easiest solution to achieve that. We'll probably need SSI at some point anyway, just to display news (infos about new versions, security fixes and such things )..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #62

Quote from: TE – thank you..
I've modified it a bit and this is the current result, it's based on SSI.php. Hope you like it..

The php function has been replaced with a javascript version. Should be better for the api rate limit, it's now the viewers IP instead of the server ip which will be blocked.

I haven't contributed on github, but I did contribute in a way. I created the logo, but then it was altered. All that remains is the antlers.

Reply #63

Quote from: Xarcell – I haven't contributed on github, but I did contribute in a way. I created the logo, but then it was altered. All that remains is the antlers.
Yep I know, that's the reason I added a text right under the avatars (directly taken via github api).
QuoteMany other people have also contributed by submitting patches, constructive discussions and support.
Thanks to each and everyone of you!
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #64

Yeah, that's one of the reasons it would be best not to use that as contributors reference. Yes, for the home page is nice because it gives some color, but then in the credits is a bit... and underestimation...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #65

If github is so wrong, what are we going to do for the credits then ???  And if its so wrong what does that say about the copyright ???

Reply #66

Github is right. Xarcell contributed without using github...
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #67

Truthfully, I would stick to Github contributions. It's just a better and easier way to track. Otherwise you'll have everyone claiming or bitching about being a contributor. Stick to Github, because eventually that's where only the solid contributions will come from anyway.

QuoteMany other people have also contributed by submitting patches, constructive discussions and support.
Thanks to each and everyone of you!

Is perfectly fine.

Reply #68

I seem to remember the mod is "out there", I (or anyone) should find, package and post it in the appropriate board. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.