Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte Community Android App (Read 17465 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte Community Android App

Reply #30

Just found and fixed another bug i.e. attaching (adding) files in the app. Quite a long solution as well, but luckily it is an open source. Those who are interested to get this fix, can grab it here: https://github.com/mgks/Os-FileUp

Reply #31

I have it ready here but without the sliding menu and I haven't upgraded it to Google Play yet. Beta testers can download it from this post. Don't forget to unzip it first. ;)

Reply #32

The 1.0.1 version of this is already in Google Play / Market.

I am planning to include an updated FaceIt for 1.1 in this app 1.0.2 version which is already included in current 1.0.1 version. It can only be seen if you are using Be Social and it is still very ugly, I'd say. This is done via css injection / replacement as mentioned before.

The coming version will also load all css and js files from the app, to make it run faster. This is however subject to ElkArte Community not using minified version of them because I kinda confused on how to fetch them and keep them in the app if that is the case.

I am also considering to load all default theme images from the app as well.This is something I have to study more, I'd say, but it will definitely load the app faster than the browser.

Last one will be fixing the notification system. It should only reminds app user exactly at 11.01am daily. Currently, it keeps reminding after certain period of time.

I am setting 6 months period for this.

Reply #33

Quote from: ahrasis – This is however subject to ElkArte Community not using minified version of them because I kinda confused on how to fetch them and keep them in the app if that is the case.
How do you currently fetch them?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #34

Currently, they are loading from the site except for besocial css which I replace it with faceit css from the app asset folder.

The plan is I just download from the site or ElkArte 1.1 b2, extract them and include them in the app asset folder. This will be similar to default theme images, but I have to do it more dynamically for them as they are many.

That is why it is kinda hard to figure for minified version since they are cached in the cache folder and renamed dynamically.

Reply #35

So you distribute the css with the app?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #36

QuoteThe 1.0.1 version of this is already in Google Play / Market.
Cool ... there was an update available when I just checked

Reply #37

Quote from: emanuele – So you distribute the css with the app?
Yes, for testing purposes as I don't think many is using Be Social.

I kinda use the old ElkArte 1.0 version of css, with minor fixes i.e. copy svg css for the menu. Will update it to EA 1.1 later in 1.0.2.

Once I figure out on how to create and use android settings, I will have the user choose which css that they want. But that may be in version 1.0.5 or above.

More css can be tested or even promoted if this css injection is successfully added as a setting to the app.

Reply #38

I already reached v 1.0.5 (5). This version should have the following abilities:

1. Added floating button to share.
2. Added pull to refresh feature.
3. Added immediate exit button.
4. Implemented full view (no header).

It should already be available at Google Play.

Do also suggest what you want from this app so that I may slowly learn and develop them, when possible.

Reply #39

Hey, you are using my logo draft! Cool!  :D

But some screenshots would be better. And you should think about editing the description. ;)

Reply #40

Was just grabbing here and there including your draft logo to build this app. I will try to get into the details and will update the Google Play site with proper information later. Thank you for the heads up.

By the way @Jorin, do you have a reverse copy of those images copy you shared especially this one: http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=395.0;attach=1870;image ? I would prefer it in the reverse color as splash screen actually.
Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:25:12 am by ahrasis

Reply #41

Okay, great! Good luck with the app!

Hm... I have to look, but I think, yes. What exactly do you need, and what for? You can write a personal message if you want...

Reply #42

Sorry, just edited the previous post: I would prefer it in the reverse color as splash screen actually.

Reply #43

Okay, please send me a message on the weekend as a reminder.  O:-)

Reply #44

I realized I haven't updated this app for more than a year. Sighed.

Basically, android no longer support other than android studio and other software communities have to find their ways to resolve this.

I tried to learn android studio and xamarin on my own, but I didn't understand any of them that much. I will try to find a way to upgrade the app later.