Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON][beta] Topic Prefix (Read 110094 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON][beta] Topic Prefix

Reply #15

There is also a "mark solved" addon as well. :D

It would be cool a "right answer" (question&answer-like) addon. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

But a mark solved is soo mainstream. Make it something unique ;p

Oh, yeah, you can make it right answer. But it depends on who can mark it as a right answer because everyone's gonna mark their own threads as a right answer, whether it is right or no. :P

Reply #17

I think the biggest challenge with the "right answer" is that frequently it's not a single answer the "right one", but a combination of multiple... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

Omg, a cool thing would be that with every post, there is a button called "right answer" or something like that. And when you click on it, it adds that exact post (as a quote) into one main post. So the one main post can have all the combinations of right answers, in one answer. But wouldn't this feature be hard to implement?

Reply #19

Yep, that could be idea too.
It wouldn't be much more difficult than a single answer, it may make the first post (or the corresponding area) a bit long depending on how many answers are picked. lol

A kind of more flexible solution, could be to pick one answer and then make that a sort of "wiki-article" where people can extend and improve it (well nothing too new because I think stackoverflow works somehow like that).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #20

Quote from: emanuele – Yep, that could be idea too.
It wouldn't be much more difficult than a single answer, it may make the first post (or the corresponding area) a bit long depending on how many answers are picked. lol

A kind of more flexible solution, could be to pick one answer and then make that a sort of "wiki-article" where people can extend and improve it (well nothing too new because I think stackoverflow works somehow like that).

So like a best answer kinda thing? In which you allow people to edit. :P

Reply #21

Yep.
Of course with tracked changes.

emanuele thinks it's about time to split the topic. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #22

Oh, Ok. That's cool :P

Reply #23

Quote from: emanuele – Some screeshots of the admin panel.
You can also see the "style picker" in a javascript/ajax-like version with a "live preview" of the result.
The main listing (screen_352) actually is not yet really in the final version, the "edit" buttons should disappear or become "advanced", I'm not yet sure.
Emanuele will you release this version? Last time I installed this addon it was different from the screenshots you published
sorry for my bad english

Reply #24

Pretty awesome! (If I'm allowed to say something like this to myself LOL)
If you download the "master" from github (the green button "clone or download" here and then "download") should have all that admin panel.
TBH I'm not sure any more why I didn't pack it, so it may have bugz!... well, even the other may have pretty awesome bugs, so it doesn't really matter that much I guess. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #25

Will there ever be a bug free version?  ;)

@radu81: Did you experienced any problems with this addon?

Edit: Is it possible to move the "filter by prefix"-list in the theme, so it will be part of the standard filter list of the topic, where I can filter by topic name, date, author, etc.?

Reply #26

Found a few bugs already!  :D

When I define the css of a prefix in the admin section the changed prefix is copied, I have two with the same name now, but the CSS change (I changed the background-color) is not shown anywhere.

And when I change the boards the prefix is shown in, the prefix is copied too!

And where can I delete the double (false) prefix? No option for that. De-selecting all boards the prefix is shown in leads to an error message.  :o

And: In one board the buttons have no background and border, in another board they have (in boardindex).

Since the installation of the addon I can't use the quick edit anymore. I can quickedit a post, but I can't save it then. Nothings happening when I click on "save", the editor is still shown, the edit is not saved.

Conclusion: It seems every change in the prefixes (no matter what changes) copies them. Plus there are design flaws and quickedit isn't functioning anymore!  :o  >:(

I have to deinstall the addon...  :(

Reply #27

Ohh... that may be the reason I didn't make a release with this new interface... :-[
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #28

Quote from: Jorin – Will there ever be a bug free version?  ;)

@radu81: Did you experienced any problems with this addon?
I only installed and did some quick tests in localhost, I should install the new version and test it
sorry for my bad english

Reply #29

Core feature 1.2 great idea.