Skip to main content
Topic: Ability to add URLs to navigation bar (Read 4507 times) previous topic - next topic

Ability to add URLs to navigation bar

Maybe my Google-fu is failing me, but...

Where or what file has the configuration where you can add URLs to the forum's navigation bar?

For example, I want to add a Wiki and Chat link back to my forum now that I've done the SMF -> Elkarte migration, as seen in https://lysharia.com vs https://lysharia.com/oldforum where Wiki and Chat exist.

Edit: I just noticed my old forum had its Wiki and Chat links overwritten in Subs.php. :| What would be the similar method for doing that?

Edit2: Readded those stuff to the old forum. Still have no idea how do in Elkarte, though.

Re: Ability to add URLs to navigation bar

Reply #2

Oh, that's a sexy mod.

Hmm. I'll test this out once I'm done wrassling the other issue I have with Elkarte... the SimpleSEF one. But I wasn't really looking for a mod-based way of doing that. Then again... it's probably best I don't mess with the source directly. So I'll use this mod.

Reply #3

The menu code is still in Subs.php, not much has changed in this respect. ;)
If you just have to add a couple of links you can write your own little addon with just what you need. That's what I usually do. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele – The menu code is still in Subs.php, not much has changed in this respect. ;)
If you just have to add a couple of links you can write your own little addon with just what you need. That's what I usually do. O:-)

Got it, good to know. I wasn't entirely sure if that was the case, heh. You guys did some serious modifications to Subs.php to the point that I almost don't recognize it, heh.

I'm not so good with add-ons, direct code edits though, I am, at least when I've a template to work with. Or better yet, an add-on.

Reply #5

Attached is the code used here for the home button.

And the function add_home_menu should be "attached" to the integrate_menu_buttons hook.
To do that you can, use this script:
Code: [Select]
<?php
require_once('SSI.php');
add_integration_function('integrate_menu_buttons', 'add_home_menu', 'SUBSDIR/HomeBtn.subs.php');

If you have any question/doubt feel free to ask. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – Attached is the code used here for the home button.

And the function add_home_menu should be "attached" to the integrate_menu_buttons hook.
To do that you can, use this script:
Code: [Select]
<?php
require_once('SSI.php');
add_integration_function('integrate_menu_buttons', 'add_home_menu', 'SUBSDIR/HomeBtn.subs.php');

If you have any question/doubt feel free to ask. ;D

You are the man. I'll work on this when I'm back on my desktop... I've got a working Docker setup here on my laptop but I'm still learning my way around messing with Docker, so it'll be a while longer before I can automate Docker/Elkarte testing.