Skip to main content
Topic: 78 guest viewing my forum? (Read 9393 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 78 guest viewing my forum?

Reply #15

If the question and answer can be Googled, it is no good. Get creative if you want effective. Captcha was worth coding bots with the ability to solve it. Still, better than nothing. 

Reply #16

You can upgrade the default captcha if you want. Or may be use / create an addon. Anyway, I am not into this right now but rather looking on changing the way ElkArte shows its board index, message index and this display page. It seems lately, I prefer the way that are being displayed in Discourse, Flarum (EsoTalk), NodeBB etc,., but may be I open that in another thread (or may be not).

Reply #17

I have to agree with you again Ahrasis about changing the look to that of NodeBB or especially XenForo, I really like that one.   However, I think it would be more likely for a rocket ship to be built for you and I to go to Mars, before they would change Elk to look like XenForo or NodeBB.   8)

Heck, I'd be a most happy camper to just get SEF URL's implemented.  
Just sayin....
Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:12:22 pm by elk_is_cool

Reply #18

Not really.
Computers can do math pretty well.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

Quote from: elk_is_cool – I have to agree with you again Ahrasis about changing the look to that of NodeBB or especially XenForo, I really like that one.  However, I think it would be more likely for a rocket ship to be built for you and I to go to Mars, before they would change Elk to look like XenForo or NodeBB.  8)

Heck, I'd be a most happy camper to just get SEF URL's implemented. 
Just sayin....

I think he's talking about coding it himself, possibility as a mod. He's quite good at it, so I'll look forward to seeing his work.  ;)

Reply #20

O:-) Thanks for "the compliment" @badmonkey.

I am actually just so so with coding and most of the knowledge and skills I gained are from and since I joined SMF, then ElkArte.

If I am gonna write something like that, I will start by improvising @inter flarum addon, as that should be a good start unless ElkArte Developers are already onto it while we are talking about it.  ;D

Reply #21

emanuele is still messing with the autoloader. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

In the end, I took composer "class loader" and stuffed it into ext. Easier to maintain.
Autoloader and class loader are the same thing, a piece of code that include files based on the class names and namespaces. Making superfluous to use require_once and alike.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #24

Back to topic: at the end of October I had a large amount of guests visiting my board (five times as many). I didn't notice something happening with my board though. Should I be concerned or alarmed, what do you think?

Reply #25

Are you concerned by the fact you caught a cold 2 years ago?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #26

I'd say it's only periodic. Nothing much to be concerned about.

Reply #27

Quote from: emanuele – Are you concerned by the fact you caught a cold 2 years ago?

lol No, I'm not.  O:-)

Quote from: ahrasis – I'd say it's only periodic. Nothing much to be concerned about.

Thanks!  :)