Skip to main content
Topic: Likes and Quickbuttons dont work (Read 2242 times) previous topic - next topic

Likes and Quickbuttons dont work

Hi!

Not sure, if it is a feature, a bug or just me.  :wink:

I cannot give likes in a fixed topic. Would have liked to give a like to Spuds here:

https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=6215.0

But only Radu did like Spuds post so far. Maybe this is, because Radu is a Global Moderator?

In other topics the likes work for me.

Another thing is, that the quickbuttons dont work for me anymore,
"quote" and "quick edit" dont react anymore if i try to use this buttons.

I am on my laptop with windows 10 and use Firefox as browser.
Also made a try with Opera. It is the same with this browser for me

Re: Likes and Quickbuttons dont work

Reply #2

No, i meant "fixed", like this topic from Spuds with the announcement:

https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=6215.0

It is not locked, just fixed.

Reply #3

It is not a bug, the permission were set this way, don't know if @Spuds disabled the likes in that board by mistake or it was intended

@Burke_Knight  Fixed topic = Pinned topic :wink: 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

TBH I'm not sure what how/what permissions are setup on that board.
Quote from: Ruth – Another thing is, that the quickbuttons dont work for me anymore,
Is anyone else seeing this behavior?  Could be a bug or could be you need to clear your browser cache for the site (CTRL + Shift + R -or- F5) OH also which theme are you using.
Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 05:46:05 pm by Spuds

Reply #5

I am using the default theme here, Spuds
Browser cache has been cleared a few times now....also cookies
This is done automatically every time, when I close browser,
but I also did it a few times more now.

Still the same: Those quick buttons are there, but i cannot use them

Reply #6

Quote from: Spuds – TBH I'm not sure what how/what permissions are setup on that board.
Quote from: Ruth – Another thing is, that the quickbuttons dont work for me anymore,
Is anyone else seeing this behavior?  Could be a bug or could be you need to clear your browser cache for the site (CTRL + R or F5) OH also which theme are you using.

That particular board has/had a number of issues - such as attachments give error messages (reported here). Maybe more that hasn't been tried by us "layfolk" yet.

Quote and Quick edit (of your own post) works, but yea, "Likes" have been turned off, unless maybe you're "special".. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:  (which I'm not, either... :man_shrugging: )
Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 05:13:43 pm by Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #7

Been having to click the Like button several times, in multiple boards here to get it to actually work.
I did 2 likes today, and had a heck of a time doing so.

Reply #8

I've noticed that myself ..... but I've been unable to determine why its happening.  I think its a defer issue on loading but I'm honestly not sure, but is is darn annoying !

Reply #9

I also noticed, that I need to do a refresh after I read a new post, otherwise there will be still a "new"  in Info Center or in the boards.

This with the not reacting quick buttons is still the same for me. I cannot use them.

Reply #10

Quote from: Ruth – This with the not reacting quick buttons is still the same for me. I cannot use them.

At least the "quote" is working now again for me. I changed my layout settings in profile here.
Without displaying the quick reply, the quote button is working.

Reply #11

I did find an error in the like function in Elk2.0

I don't know if it was causing all of the errors, so let me know if you are still experiencing issues clicking the like button (anyone)  As always its a new JS so clear your browser site cache (CTRL+R or SHFT+CTRL+R)

As for quote or edit not working, that I have not been able to reproduce nor have I experienced any issues with those functions.  What OS and browser are you using ?  Has anyone else had a problem with those ? 

Reply #12

Quote from: Spuds – I did find an error in the like function in Elk2.0

I don't know if it was causing all of the errors, so let me know if you are still experiencing issues clicking the like button (anyone)  As always its a new JS so clear your browser site cache (CTRL+R or SHFT+CTRL+R)

As for quote or edit not working, that I have not been able to reproduce nor have I experienced any issues with those functions.  What OS and browser are you using ?  Has anyone else had a problem with those ? 

Like and quote seem to work now without issue for me.

Reply #13

Quote from: Spuds – clear your browser site cache (CTRL+R or SHFT+CTRL+R)
Ctrl + F5 always worked for me
sorry for my bad english

Reply #14

The topic originally squawked still has missing "Like" buttons in most (but not all) posts .. I presume that is not related to this particular fix.

FWIW, I've not personally observed the phenomenon of a "Like" button not working in any other board or topic. Might be purely happenstance, but for the record I'm using MS Edge [111.0.1661.44 (Official build) (64-bit) with a bunch of obnoxious 'defaults' disabled].  

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //