Skip to main content
Topic: [Bug] Quoting to quick reply haz major bugz (Read 15403 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Bug] Quoting to quick reply haz major bugz

Reply #15

Quote from: Antechinus –
Quote from: Antechinus" date="1354772255" link=topic="12.msg45#msg45Lesse if it does it again.
Code: [Select]
	// Show information about events, birthdays, and holidays on the calendar.
if ($context['show_calendar'])
{
echo '
<li class="smalltext">';
Quote from: Antechinus" date="1354772255" link=topic="12.msg45#msg45Lesse if it does it again.
That was not "working" since the Remove nested quotes when quoting option was set, so it was doing what it was supposed to do, strip quotes inside the quote .... almost seems like that option should be level N+1 or something ... oh well turned it off to make this post

Reply #16

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: Antechinus –
Code: [Select]
	// Show information about events, birthdays, and holidays on the calendar.
if ($context['show_calendar'])
{
echo '
<li class="smalltext">';
That was not "working" since the Remove nested quotes when quoting option was set, so it was doing what it was supposed to do, strip quotes inside the quote .... almost seems like that option should be level N+1 or something ... oh well turned it off to make this post

That option's behavior is so non-intuitive and bewildering. Yeah it could be argued it "simplifies" posts sometimes, but it misses information you could always edit out if you don't want it.

TestMonkey knows Ant will disagree.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #17

I strip nested quotes on the site I run. It's a good option IMO. Most users simply will not clean up things when the quotes start building to ridiculous levels. Stripping it all down to one level is much better in practice, even though it's sometimes inconvenient for people who are responsible enough to not just blindly keep hitting "Quote".

IMO, we should keep that option. Although if an N+1 option can be made bug-free easily then that would be great too, but it may be more difficult than some people think.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #18

emanuele hates quote altogether.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

TestMonkey quotes emanuele for posterity.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #21

It's only me or quotes are completely broken now?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #22

Quote from: emanuele – It's only me or quotes are completely broken now?
You know for someone who works on bug reports as much as you do, you sure write some crappy descriptions of what you are experiencing :P :D :P 

This was done as a quote to QR with full editor on and shown by default ... seemed to be fine?

Reply #23

Quote from: emanuele – It's only me or quotes are completely broken now?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #24

mmm...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #26

mmm...something is not working (something badly processed by parse_bbc? or something not properly escaped?) when non-admins posts.

ETA: no, it's also others:
http://www.spudsdesign.com/dialogo/index.php?topic=12.msg34#msg34

Take a look at my post with the image and the url: the image is working properly, the closing tag of the url is ignored and the entire post is linked.
Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:09:52 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #27

You know that looks like a bug  :o I would suspect its something to do with the editor script ... well the extensions that is ... remember bug hunting is fun for the entire family!

Reply #28

I thought the same! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #29

I thought the same with js disabled.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.